Brewer Fanatic

2008 Brewers Classics on FSN-Wisconsin

BrewCrewForever

I know that on Tuesday night when I was flipping between election coverage, I noticed they were showing opening day 2007 featuring Sheets's masterpiece against the Dodgers, so they've already starting showing classic games.

I'm really interested in this as well. There were so many games this year I wish I would have recorded through my TV tuner on my computer. I got really excited by your title because I thought they had announced them.

Hopefully we'll get lots of them, as there were lots to remember!

Which games do you think they'll have?

-Playoff Clinching Game

-Fielder September Walkoff

-Braun September Walkoff

-Playoff victory

-Sheets complete game shutout?

Since it was a TBS broadcast, I wonder if the NLDS win could be rebroadcast on FSN / FSWisconsin.

If the September 23, 25 and 28 games are not immediate no-brainers for Brewers Classics, then FSWisconsin has to rethink the entire concept.

I'd also consider the September 26 win over the Cubs (thanks, Rickie and Big Seth).

A Sheets complete game shutout would make a lot of sense, as would any of a number of Sabathia starts: his first Brewers start vs. Colorado on July 8, his July 13 start vs. the Reds (featuring his home run), and/or his August 31 one-hitter vs. the Pirates. Those are just the CC starts that occur to me off the top of my head. There could almost be a "Sabathia Classics" series.

Any of the wins vs. STL during that four-game series in July could be candidates.

I'd personally add the Dave Bush Strikeout Showcase vs. Colorado on July 10, but that's the kind of game you deem a 'classic' from a year that was otherwise uneventful.

Honestly, from the 2008 season, the Brewers finally have a lot of worthy candidates for 'classic' game rebroadcasts. I look forward to seeing them too.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'd personally add the Dave Bush Strikeout Showcase vs. Colorado on July 10, but that's the kind of game you deem a 'classic' from a year that was otherwise uneventful.

That game was so great! I had friends that drank too much and wanted to leave early, and they didn't understand why I wouldn't leave my seat. I hung out by myself for the last few strikeouts, but it was worth it.

Speaking of classics- does anyone have the audio broadcast from the clincher?

I'm specifically looking for the end of the Mets game, to hear what it sounded like with Ueck and Jim when the wait was finally over. I was too busy jumping/screaming/hugging/crying to listen http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I agree...maybe us DirecTV subscribers need to rally and write some letters.

I went thru about a three month period where I would email the same message day-after-day.

I just don't think it does any good.

All it would take is for one person over there at D* to spend 5 minutes on this, and they could see the problem.

jhart05 wrote:

I went thru about a three month period where I would email the same message day-after-day.

I just don't think it does any good.

All it would take is for one person over there at D* to spend 5 minutes on this, and they could see the problem.

Where did you write? Did you ever get any sort of response? I'm a new DirecTV customer and I would like to send some emails, that's ridiculous!

I did manage to catch a "Nationals Classic" from 2005 that didn't get blacked out for some reason. Capuano pitches a gem into the 9th inning, only to have Mike Adams give up the walk-off hit to Jeffrey Hammonds! Painful!!

Just caught the last two innings... that was a fun one to be at.

But it is so striking to see the difference in atmosphere and attendance from then to now. Sutton was raving about 30,000 at each of the first two games, and 20+K for the Sunday game.

It's amazing how far we've come. Thanks Mark A. and co. for making Brewer games an event again.

• 2 years later...
Honestly, from the 2008 season, the Brewers finally have a lot of worthy candidates for 'classic' game rebroadcasts. I look forward to seeing them too.

Totally, so many exciting great games last year. Can't wait till they start rolling these out.

You can say the same thing for this season as well. Do they still show many Classics in the offseason? Unfortunately, I have Dish and for some reason they give me the Minnesota version of FSN even though I am on the east side of the state.

Totally, so many exciting great games last year. Can't wait till they start rolling these out.

You can say the same thing for this season as well. Do they still show many Classics in the offseason? Unfortunately, I have Dish and for some reason they give me the Minnesota version of FSN even though I am on the east side of the state.

That's because FSN North is out of MN. FSN Wisconsin is an offshoot of FSN North. That is why you can have 2 different guys in the studio that aren't together. One is in the MN studio and one is in the MKE studio.

I don't know why they don't show the classics during rain delays. I'm getting kind of sick of the 40th video.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Yes, but I am in Wisconsin as far away from Minnesota as I can get. It doesn't make sense that I get shows like Vikings weekly and other stuff like that. Twins Classics are in my guide but I am blacked out from watching those but they don't give me anything in its place. I do get to watch the Brewers on an alternative channel when they are on but the rest of the programming on FSN is pretty much useless for me. I've heard only cable subscribers get FS-WI for some reason.

Welcome, KS536. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Our members have been pretty perplexed and annoyed that FS-WI isn't a full-time channel on the satellite services. The topic comes up quite frequently. We do know that FS-WI says that they want to be full time, meaning that at least the decision isn't mutual.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I like the classic games during the off-season...I just wish they would air some games older than 2007 or so. Seems like they focus exclusively on recent years. Would be nice if they could show games from the '80s and '90s. Maybe they don't have the rights to some of those?
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived