Brewer Fanatic

94.5 Lake FM (formerly WKTI)

bork
it was about the time i canceled xm, so i am thinking closer to 2 years ago, anyway its really the only radio station i listen to besides occasionally 102.1. Problem is with that station is just like the others, you start hearing songs over and over and it ruins them for you.

I'm thinking about canceling my XM. I actually do like it (especially the MLB channel), but the sound quality sucks, and doesn't look to improve with Mel "Let's push Howard Stern and nothing else" Karmazin at the helm of the new XM/Sirius company. They've already cut a couple channels I liked, too.

I just need some kind of decent alternative, as most of the radio stations in the area are abysmal as far as music selection.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I'm gonna miss WKTI in the fact that really bad songs would be played so much they'd become my "jams" and my friends would laugh at me. How am I gonna keep up with my studnets taste in music anymore?

baumer, i know exactly what you mean. they had it on all day at work and as much as i hated the dozen songs they ever played they were complete backwards jams.

its too late to 'pologize. its tooo laaaaate.

99.1 (MYX) also started on Halloween day.

I bet if we all started a petition to a radio station, we could get somebody to start Christmas music on Labor Day.

I'm kidding, of course. I almost put the above line in blue, but sadly it's probably true if we actually tried it.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

If this is similar to 93.1 The Lake in Madison, it's a good move.
93.1 actually just went out of business. Who would've ever thought the classic rock market could get too crowded? That's probably good for the new "lake" though, because otherwise some people in the western Milwaukee metro area could have picked up 3 different "lakes" with 94.5, 93.1 and 96.1 from Lake Geneva all having the same name.

I personally think FM radio in Milwaukee sucks. within the last 10 years, 95.7, 102.9, 102.1, and now 94.5 have all changed formats. While the first 3 are somwhat similar, they all play less of what i like to listen to. I used to be able to turn on 102.1 and listen to whatever song was on. They had a lot more new stuff. Now they still play new stuff, but its mixed with a lot of late 90's early '00s crap. 95.7 got rid of all the cool "oldies" songs from the 50's and replaced them with songs from the 70's. Its seems like the only thing musics stations play around here anymore are songs from the 70's, 80's and 90's, which, oddly enough, is what 94.5 is switching to isnt it? They you have 99.1 AND 95.7 playing Christmas music in October....give me a break. I hardly even listen to FM anymore.

With 94.5 changing, is there really any true pop/rock station? In high school they were the only true pop station, although 99.1 had moments of pop. It seemed most were switching to alt rock, hip hop, and rap (103.7, 106.9, 102.1, 102.9, etc). I guess that's why I shifted to country, because I felt the best variation on 90s pop music was actually country.

Archived