Brewer Fanatic

Cameron to Yankees yet? Latest: Brewers apparently talking to free-agent CF's (in case); post 147-ish

recte44
  • Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not a fan of Cabrera much at all. And I don't want to see Cam traded away unless the Brewers feel that '10 is a season in which they're not going to go after the WC (which would seem silly to me). Of course if there's a trade where we could fill CF capably (read: not Cabrera or other OBP craters) & the team would be improved overall I'd change my tune on Cam.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Look, they could have just as easily not re-upped Cameron and received nothing. If I remember correctly, there were a great many people that thought it was a dumb idea to renew him and just let him go. So looking at it from that perspective, anything that DM gets is a plus. He's an aging CF with a couple of good years left. Return will not be overwhelming.

Outfielders currently on the Yankees roster:

• Johnny Damon (L) - 09: $13m
  • Hideki Matsui (L) - 09: $13m
  • Nick Swisher (S) - 09: $5.3M, 10:$6.75M, 11:$9M, 12:$10.25M club option ($1M buyout)
  • Xavier Nady ® - 09: arbitration
  • Melky Cabrera (S) - 09: pre-arbitration, 10: arbitration, 11: arbitration, 12: arbitration

That's a lot of left handed options. If they want Cameron to man centerfield, is there any way we could swing a deal to include either Damon, Matsui or Swisher instead of Cabrera? Would you trust any of those guys in centerfield for the Brewers? Or would this force Hart out of the outfield in favor of a better defensive option (Which we may need him as starting pitcher trade bait anyways...)?

It wouldn't suprise me to see the Yanks get Abreu back. They need help on offense. Seems strange to think that.

Damon DH

Cano 2B

Jeter SS

Arod 3B

Matsui LF

Swisher 1B

Posada? Molina?

Gardner CF

Cabrera RF

Matsui and Swisher were awful last year. They are a joke defensively. They need more than pitching.

Not sure why you think Matsui was awful last year. And they are looking to bring Giambi back to DH if they can't land Texeria. Damon and Matsui will be in the corners.

A .795 OPS for a guy making 15 mil?? Being a left handed power hitter in Yankee Stadium, 9 HR in 330+ AB's is unacceptable, especially for somebody in New York. Also, he was hurt for 40% of the season.

I think Macha (in TH's blog) gave an indication of what the Brewers are looking for in return for Cameron. Namely young starting pitching to bolster the spots behind the 5 returning starters. They desperately need guys at the AAA level with the potential to step in and start if needed.

I think they'll try to pry 2 pitchers from the Yankee system, then replace Cameron by signing Kapler and Kotsay to platoon in CF.

Maybe they are clearing Cameron's contract to a get a good left-handed hitter in FA such as Dunn or Abreu.

Boy, I sure hope so. Melky would be a big downgrade from Cameron in terms of offense. EDIT: Of course, if they do that, where do they put Hart? (Please don't say stick Braun back at 3B).

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

If the Brewers trade Cameron for cabera and Horne, that would pretty much tell us there are punting 2009. Trading a top CF for a terrible oneand a pitching prospect that isn't likely to stick in a big league rotation is a bad move.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Archived