Brewer Fanatic

Trenni gone to the MLB Network

uwbufu24
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my reply above, I made it a point to choose to say we'd be listening to Trenni on the MLB Network rather than watching her. "Woman reporter" is irrelevant. She is good, period.

Trenni is one who makes the people around her better. Besides those on the FSN team, what really impressed me was that when she did post-game stuff on WTMJ, she made the WTMJ loudmouth more listenable.

Yes, commentators come and go. But replacing this one with another of equal quality--male or female--is going to be tough.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

As the Brewers showed with Ann Carol, they have no problem switching people mid-season if they are terrible. It will be tough to replace Trenni, but in the end I care much more about the games than the commentators. In my mind, Trenni's job was a very small part of the season and a minor plus or minus to my overall enjoyment.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Trenni is good. If you listen to her on 540 AM (she's usually on the D-List Tuesday and Thursday mornings), she's pretty knowledgable on the Brewers, and sports in general.
Totally agree. The thing I like about her most is she comes off as a fan and someone who is really passionate about the club like all of us. She also used to be on AM 620 every Friday morning during Brewers 360.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! How can I livvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve without you?

Just kidding.

Funny we devote pages to a sportscaster, but hey, it's hot stove time. Yet, it is obvious Trenni is popular. Here she was, a young and attractive women who knew her baseball, could interview anyone, hold her own on the D list, and probably drink a lot of us under the table.

Basically she was real and approachable, a girl in a guys world who we all liked.

Good luck, Trenni as your carreer expands! We will always root for you.

Trenni wasn't a sideline reporter who just did a little research to come up with some questions. ("So Singletary, I heard Bill Walsh called you...")

Trenni had a very legitimate sports knowledge. I don't care what she looked like - she had game.

(Plus, she was about 10 times better than Bill Johnson on the D-List)

Okay. I just sent Trenni some pictures of dead bodies, and left a mutilated doll on her doorstep. That ought to make her stay...

I am hiding in a tree near her front door smeared in bear grease and wearing a potato sack. I'll let you know how she reacts to your gift.

Right on TwoBrewers, nobody, including women appreciate it when a woman is given a broadcasting job just to balance out a cast of men. Trenni really knew her stuff. You could tell during her post game radio show that she had a genuine enthusiasm and cared about the team's success. When you're filling that much air time you can't fake it. Trenni was a pro and it will be tough to find someone as popular and likable.

Either our standards have gotten really low or some of you have lost it! Trenni was awful. I don't even know what the girl's name was who came before her but Trenni >> Extremely Awful Girl DOES NOT MEAN Trenni = Good/Great/Awesome at her job. If Trenni is the best they can do, then find a girl who is extremely attractive, dress her accordingly, and trot her out there once in a while. Or if it's distracting the players, then find a girl who is the complete opposite and dress her completely opposite.

Steve, I understand that your main point is that Trenni is awful. But in the process of ranting, you forgot to support that point. How is Trenni awful?

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Awful compared to what? Let's face it, the basic job of a sports in-game or sideline reporter is not that tough, other than thinking of new ways to ask questions like "You had a big hit in the 5th inning, can you tell us about that?" and reporting on what the manager talked about before the game. I don't know how you can call Trenni awful compared to most other people in her occupation.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Ann Carrol was hideous, and I was glad to see her go. Trenni wasn't anything special (IMO), but she was an improvement over Ann. Personally, I find the amount of "in game" crap that they do to be at best, distracting. And for post game, I much prefer the radio show with Powell.

Archived