Brewer Fanatic

Trenni gone to the MLB Network

uwbufu24

Al's Ramblings entry (original rumor)

OnMilwaukee.com: Kusnierek leaves sideline job at FSN Wisconsin (now confirmed)

Truly a sad day if this is true. Her replacement will surely not be as competent or, erm, well-rounded.

(edits: title --uwbufu24, And That)

(edit: fixed links --1992)

(edit: rumor now confirmed, added link--uwbufu24)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good call, Diskono. I clicked through on the Brew Crew Ball link, which led me to Al's entry. But I didn't click through on the link in Al's entry. As you say, that's changed since he posted it (and since it was posted here). Trenni's name isn't in it.

Also, look at the Wikipedia sources. None of the announcers' names are documented.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I guess it depends on what her role is. If her only assignment is doing the Saturday night game of the week, she could still do some Brewers games, since FSN didn't even broadcast many Saturday games (at least not the full crew). But that studio show is going to have to fill a lot of time if it's going to start an hour before games start and go through the end of West Coast games. MLB may hire a handful of reporters to cover important series each week, do interviews, etc, and I could see Trenni getting the head sideline reporter job as well as doing other games through the week. Please note this is my speculation only. It sounds like some people here have some inside scoop and may know more.

I liked Trenni, but IMO she got overrated by some because she replaced that hag who had the job prior to Trenni.

Actually, Trenni replaced Craig Coshun on the sideline, and Craig replaced the hag.

I think the majority of us felt she was interesting and well prepared. I believe it's possible to argue that she was the best one on the broadcast team.

The silver lining in all this is that there'll be someone worth listening to on the MLB Network. Hopefully, the other hires will bring along the quality that she brings.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I spent part of Tuesday night watching a Brewers Classic (2007 Opening Day) and still just shuddered when 'the hag' came on.

I agree with 1992casey that Trenni was interesting and well-prepared; I'd add that she also seemed interested in the Brewers. I always got the feeling Ann Carroll was just readin' stuff for the network.

Plus only one of them reminds me of my long-gone 1970s Malibu Barbie. Well, the hair, at least:

http://www.dolls4play.com/thumbnails/mc179.jpg http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/2629/anncarrolloh0.jpg

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Why do I think this is like when the lone woman leaves the International Space Station?

All the men astronauts sitting around, bummed that that one girl is now gone, and all that's left is a bunch of other guys.

She was a marginally-attractive, somewhat-talented reporter. But very easily replaceable.

When the new one is batting her eyelashes at you while reading the lineups you'll forget this sadness.

She was a marginally-attractive, somewhat-talented reporter. But very easily replaceable.
IMO you are underestimating her. She is no Erin Andrews looks-wise but she is as talented a "sideline reporter" as you will get. She was a very good interviewer with a pleasant personality. I doubt whomever the Brewers replace her with (If they have to) will be as good as Trenni. Obviously MLB Network liked her, she only had the job one year and she was already turning heads.

FSN should really do something about Davey, I thought he would get better with more experience but he is just not meant to be on camera.

Obviously MLB Network liked her, she only had the job one year and she was already turning heads.

I guess the four or five years in Pittsburgh don't count for much...

I don't dislike Trenni, but I've never really understood the gush of attention she gets.

Archived