Brewer Fanatic

4/7/06 - Diamondbacks (Ortiz) @ Brewers (Bush), 7:05 PM CT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 Quality Starts, 4 Saves, 4 (well five now) Clutch homeruns....

If we can only get Prince and Brady swingin the bats, we'll really be on fire....

4 games, only 9 earned runs allowed. Our starters (and bullpen) have been amazing early...

Toughest game of the season tomorrow though (Webb)... I like our chances

So far Starters

26 ip, 18 hits, 7 runs, 6 earned, 7 bb, and 22 K's

Bullpen

10 ip, 8 hits, 3 runs, 3 earned, 4 bb, and 6 K's

ERA ranked 2nd in league so far.

Put it together and it's

36 ip, 26 hits, 10 runs, 9 earned, 11 bb and 28 k's

Thats amazing so far and this is without BEN SHEETS imagine when he comes back. I thought that I would never say this before but I am glad to be a brewers fan.

I was looking at the MLB game tracker thingy, which I don't know well, so I assume this can't be right -- did the Brewers record (need) only one outfield putout? The box says 11-3 GB-FB outs for Bush, and obviously the HR was in the air -- what about Byrnes' double? Were the other FB outs on the infield? Damn, if he can come remotely close to doing that consistently, he's a lot better than a #5.

Greg.

greg, that's interesting, I was at the game and the only outfield flyball out I remember is the warning track catch that Carlos made, but I may have missed a few outs because of concessions, bathroom, etc.

Favorite parts of the game:

1. Dave Bush's performance

2. Seeing Prince Fielder rip the ball and get a rock solid hit

Jenkins could have set up a lawn chair in right field and sipped pina coladas, because not a single ball was hit his direction. In fact after the 2nd inning, Bush never let a ball get out of the infield. Now I know what it is to have a working rotation.

Jenkins could have set up a lawn chair in right field and sipped pina coladas, because not a single ball was hit his direction

Which is amazing concidering the Dimondbacks started 7 left-handed hitters in their line-up tonite. Excellent job by Bush and the pen of not giving them anything to pull !

Now I know what it is to have a working rotation.

Isn't that something? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That was a surprisingly large and lively crowd for a 36-degree Friday night in April. (The next time someone wants to gripe about the MP roof not being totally waterproof, think of tonight.) It was obviously bumped up some by hockey fans, but I'd say some genuine Brewers buzz contributed, too.

And That, I'll join you in the Dave Bush fan club.

No games for hawing again until the 24th. How will I manage that long without the Miller Park experience? (Brewerfan, I guess.)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived