Brewer Fanatic

Voting question

adamb100

Hi all,

With the elections coming up tomorrow I'm wondering what I'll need to vote. I registered about a year ago so I got that covered. The question I have is what do I need to bring with me to vote? I dont have a state issued ID but I do have a UWM id card if that helps. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Thanks

If you still live at the address at which you registered last year, you should not have to register again.

If your address has changed since you registered last year, expect to have to register again. You'd need to present proof of identity and your current address. A Wisconsin driver's license or non-driving state ID card is preferred, along with a document (lease, utility bill, or a reasonably official piece of mail - i.e. not a personal letter or Resident mail) that shows you have been living at your current address for at least 10 days.

Your UWM card might be OK to establish proof of identity, but can't be used alone if it doesn't have your address on it (and I don't think UW ID cards include address info).

According to this information from the state's Government Accountability Board, if you lack a valid driver's license, you can supply the last four digits of your Social Security number.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Or yeah, what Baldkin said.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Not that it helps you now, early voting = awesome. I don't want to imagine some of the lines tomorrow..
I have to disagree. At least down here, early voting was only offered at the County Clerk's office. I attempted to vote early last week and the line was at least 200 people deep and was not moving. I got there about an hour before polls closed, so I decided to wait until this morning. The line was very short and moved quickly. The whole process took less than 20 minutes. I suppose it all depends on the location and timing though.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

I voted at 10:19 AM and was the 73rd person to vote. There were three people ahead of me, and the wait was probably about 5-7 minutes. Now that we have a touch screen, only one person can vote at a time.

I like voting absentee, although I prefer to do it in person rather than via the mail. A couple of times, I've voted in the houses of whoever was in charge of balloting at those times. When I voted absentee in this year's Wisconsin primary, I voted at one of the banks.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I left work at 9:25, reached the polling place at 9:40, and was in and out by 9:44, number 507 to vote in my ward. Booyah.

The longest part was getting back to work, since the vote went so quickly that no return bus was due to come back sooner than I could walk. But the weather is flat-out gorgeous today, so that was pretty nice.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

nice. i walked to my voting place at 1:30 today and the line was one person deep. i can only imagine the mass of people once work gets out, though. got to imagine we'll have a record percentage of voters this year, which is pretty cool.

I voted at the Madison Public Library (on the capitol loop) at 11 AM and the line was all of 1 person long. Some places, like on a college campus, will be packed all day long, but I figure in most places if you are able to go between 9 AM-4 PM you should find the least amount of traffic.
I am not Shea Vucinich

Went to Tosa East and was in and out in about 5 minutes (voter 692). There were student government kids out there doing a brief survey. It was about 12 multiple choice questions and that took longer than voting itself. I've never waited longer than 5 minutes there. Not looking forward to standing in lines when I move to Milwaukee. Pierce Street School is always insanity.

I went down to my local courthouse about a week ago to see if I could vote early and the lines were insanely long, so I went home. I voted at noon today at my local polling place (the Friendship House) and there was zero wait time. I was in and out in about 5 minutes.

When I voted tuesday; the guy ahead of me tried to provide his drivers license. The two poll workers were like "WHOAAH, NOOOOO!!!!!!"

With it being a contoversial issue I'm sure they were told "under no circumstances do you look at an id"

My id is that the clerk knows me.

When the other ballot lady asked my name, the clerk sez "You don't know BCS? What's wrong with you?"

Archived