Brewer Fanatic

4/8/06 D'Backs (Webb) @ Brewers (Davis) 1:05 CST

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back from the game. Great game, you have to be excited about the brewers, there are no negatvies at this point for true believers.

The new stadium looks great. The picnic area looks cool, I can see why it sold out. The ribbon boards are cool too. The out of town scoreboard needs to focus on NL scores more, and it would be nice if more NL info was brough up on the big board between innings.

Also, boo- sandy Max. She sucks. As usual. Get rid of her and all baseball fans would be happy. Also, get rid of the little kids doing the anouncing in the 4th inning. Don't need that either. Just give me a professional announcer. Everything else was great.

Quote:
It's kids and baseball. They kinda go together

I went to plenty of baseball games at County stadium and I didn't need to be announcing or anything else, I enjoyed just watching the game. Don't see why kids today need to be catered to such a degree. i'm not a grinch just like my games to be professionally played and announced.

I think kids have plenty of opportunities to enjoy the game whether it's running the bases after the game or getting an autograph on the field prior to the game. I don't see why we need to have them do the announcing. I've been to many professional sporting events in the state, Packers, Bucks and Brewers games, and the brewers are the only team to use kids as announcers. Just don't see the need.

I think alot of the stuff with kids is aimed particularly at getting them to get an attachment to the game, especially since most kids play/watch football, basketball, soccer, professional wrestling, video games, etc. but NOT baseball. This is especially true in bigger cities.

Just my 2 cents

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Don't see why kids today need to be catered to such a degree.

Because if you make it a family environment then more families will come and buy 4+ tickets. And 4 is more than 1 if Dad would have come by himself.

So to review...it helps fill seats, filling seats is good.

I have to say that outide of an Opening Day, that was probably the most electric atmosphere I have experienced at Miller Park. Walking out of the park following the game, people were going nuts on the sidewalk, high-fiving, yelling "who's 5 and 0?", etc. It was really cool. The game was phenomenal, seeing Prince go deep was awesome, and outside of Sheets on his 18 K day, I don't think I've ever seen filthier stuff than DLR had in person.

I believe I saw Brian in the parking lot after the game, assuming he was the guy I saw from behind wearing an 'I am Brewerfan.net' shirt.

Just my near encounter with a celebrity. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

You should have said hi!

I only saw you in passing so I wasn't sure if it was you. Also, since I was in the process of driving out of the parking lot with my Dad and Grandfather, they might have wondered what was going on if I jumped out of the car and ran after some random person. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Quote:
Because if you make it a family environment then more families will come and buy 4+ tickets. And 4 is more than 1 if Dad would have come by himself.

I think the brewers do plenty of things to make the stadium kid friendly. MP has play areas for kids, there is the minor league field outside the stadium, the kids can run the bases after certain games, and I believe every sunday a 9 kids run out onto the field for the player introductions.

The brewers do plenty to market to families. They don't need to have the kids do the announcing. There are other baseball fans out there that don't particularly care about kids, they came to see and here a professional baseball game, not go to Chuck E. Cheese.

The secret is to tune her out. I try to do that with my beagle as well.

It's even easier to tune out Sandy Maxx by sitting in the terrace level, where the sound system has deteroriated enough so most of what she says is lost in echoes.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived