Brewer Fanatic

4/8/06 D'Backs (Webb) @ Brewers (Davis) 1:05 CST

Pitching matchup

I'm lucky enough to be going today for my third game of the season. I'll go out on a limb here and say we don't see Turnbow today at all. (we said that yesterday though)

Milwaukee tries to keep a perfect record intact but they will have to face the tough right hander Brandon Webb.

Yost counters with brewerfan and hawing favorite Doug Davis aka Sharpie.

ARI: RHP Brandon Webb (0-0, 1.29 ERA)

One of eight MLB pitchers with 180-plus innings and a sub-4.00 ERA in each of the last three seasons.

MIL: LHP Doug Davis (0-0, 3.00 ERA)

No career decisions against D-Backs despite 2.49 career ERA, including 1.29 last season.

Press Pass <-- cool information

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is my first post long time reader, but I concur I believe this game will prove to the rest of the world we are for real. Mr. Sharpie will have control and the Prince will become a King today. My question is will Turnbow be allowed out on the mound for a 5th straight save?

Davis pitched very well opening day and I expect more of the same today, hopefully with more run support. If Webb is on his game he is very tough with that sinker. Hopefully its sinking that well today and the Crew get some good licks in. This should be the first Chad Moeller start of the year as well, who knows maybe hell freezes over and Moeller produces some runs today.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Boy how the time flies. It's May already? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

With Webb on the mound and Moeller in the lineup, I don't have a great feeling about today's game. Hopefully the bats show up for Doug today.

Milwaukee -110/ +100 D-back

Milwaukee -1.5/+170 D-back

Over 8 +105 / -115 Under 8

GP's Picks

Bank = $1,022.20 ~ 2-1 ~ (+22.20)

Bet: D-back *** bet 2.20 to win 2.20 ***

Over/under Record: 3-0

Prediction: under

Beer Record:

Natural ice 2-0

Mixed 1-0

wine 1-0

Alcohol for the game: Mixed

edit: changed Pitts to Ari after cut and paste.

Notes : go brewers

Pretty lineups for this afternoon's game.

Arizona Milwaukee ------- --------- Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- SS Counsell, Craig 0 0 .333 CF Clark, Brady 0 0 .188 CF Byrnes, Eric 0 0 .333 SS Hardy, JJ 2 3 .267 LF Gonzalez, Luis 1 3 .313 RF Jenkins, Geoff 0 0 .375 1B Jackson, Conor 0 3 .444 LF Lee, Carlos 2 3 .455 RF Green, Shawn 0 1 .167 3B Koskie, Corey 0 0 .400 3B Easley, Damion 0 1 .250 2B Weeks, Rickie 0 1 .385 2B Hudson, Orlando 0 0 .167 1B Fielder, Prince 0 1 .143 C Snyder, Chris 1 5 .500 C Moeller, Chad 0 0 .000 P Webb, Brandon (0-0, 1.29) P Davis, Doug (0-0, 3.00)

K, sit down Green.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Archived