Brewer Fanatic

Madison Halloween Thread

sbrylski

I never liked the huge crowds and pepper spray.

You're such a bore! You're telling me that hot pepper oil in your eyes & respiratory system isn't your idea of a good time?!

And it sucks that they charge money to enter now, but I can understand it. Takes a large police presence, and in general it's just a chaotic mess. Since most of the problems seem to come from non-Madison residents, might as well get some money from the bozos that come to town to 'go crazy'. It would be cool if (I don't know anything about the fee policy) Madison residents got discounted rates... like, say $5 for a non-resident, & $2 or $3 for a resident.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

It would be cool if (I don't know anything about the fee policy) Madison residents got discounted rates... like, say $5 for a non-resident, & $2 or $3 for a resident.
The tickets cost a bit more on the day of the event, so that could theoretically kind of favor Madison residents. Also, if your residence is on State Street, you're not charged to be on 'your' street. A couple of my student employees live on State, and they've told me how it works, but I don't recall (and I'm not going to call them right now to find out).
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'm just a dumb metalhead, but this O.A.R. band is considered a big deal? I read somewhere that they've played Madison Square Garden....really? They're of no interest to me (I just checked a few of their songs), but good job by the promoters if these guys are as big of a thing as people are saying.

Edit-For those bored tonight, they have streaming video available at Channel3000.com.

http://www.channel3000.com/freakfest/index.html

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Community Moderator

OAR is a decent choice for the college crowd. I've heard plenty of complaints but they should draw a big crowd.

I'll be holding down the front desk at Witte Hall tonight, hopefully nobody gives me trouble.

I asked my student employees about O.A.R. and got mostly eye rolls. But I only have 9 employees, so that's a small sample.

Of course, being forty-something, I'd never heard of them before they were announced as the Freakfest headliner.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Community Moderator
So far it's a relatively uneventful night here. One very intoxicated girl got arrested, but generally things have been calm. Word from State St. is that the OAR concert is uncomfortably crowded.

Well, I actually like OAR and have seen them several times at Summerfest. I am a little suprised that so many on this board have not even heard of them. Sort of off topic, but they are referenced in this sweet Bugs & Cranks posting (LINK).

I realize many Cub fans have busy days of checking their PDAs for available OAR tickets and already exalting next season's squad of highly-compensated chokers over some $12 Goose Island pints in Wrigleyville with your old college suitemates who still regularly quote Caddy Shack.

If you live near Wrigleyville like I do, that sentence is perfect on so many levels.

OAR is a fairly popular "jam band" with the college crowd. Think Dave Matthews Band on a much smaller scale. I enjoy their shows. They always pack out Summerfest, sometimes 2 or 3 nights. They played UWM's Pantherfest last year and were pretty popular.

I went as Mose Schrute (no chin beard though, so just tape on a shirt - yeah, I get into it), and I surprisingly saw another one. He had a chin beard though and was carrying around some beets, so he was the superior Mose.

Archived