Brewer Fanatic

MP ticket prices to go up 5% on average in 2009

rm121978

I've edited some messages above to pare back quotes. Please keep board quote guidelines in mind.

Also keep in mind that if the message you're responding to is directly above yours, there is often little need to quote at all. If a post lands between your message and the one you're responding to, you can always drop in a short quote via an edit.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baldkin,

You know you can get into a set ticket plan and just exchange out of the games that you know you will not use? That way you will still get the benefits of ticket package. The rep who said your seats would not get worse probably made a mistake. As I understand it, the Fan's Choice plan is the most popular and as the full season ticket holders and the pre-set plans increase, the Fan's Choice plans get pushed further out. If that is really how it is done, i don't see a problem with that. I would give it more thought before you drop the plan. The Brewers place a high premium on seniority from what I am told. Just my opinion though.

That's a bummer, Baldkin. We've had fan's choice TB seats since 2002 (though our season ticket seniority goes back to 1996), but I think the main reason our seat location has been as stable as it's been is because we request family section seats - so we're always in 417 (although the location within TB 417 varies a bit). I realize it's not a popular option, but if you can get by without alcohol at your seats, that might be worth exploring.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

It's a shame you got bad information from your ticket rep but unless you are a true season ticket holder (full), there's always a chance of you getting bumped. Unless you are a full season ticket holder, you don't own your seat. When it comes to senority, total season tickets purchased is more important than total years.

As for marquee prices, the Brewers make it easy to avoid them. Buy a partial season ticket package. Otherwisw, they are just trying to shift some of that money being made in the secondary market into their pockets. I don't blame them. Unfortunately, there's no way to charge Cubs fans one price and Brewer fans another (and know they won't just sell them).

Are we getting offered Metevante passes again to purchase season tickets early?

When it comes to senority, total season tickets purchased is more important than total years.
When they seat the playoffs they use the year you start to determine which order to seat people. I would imagen those who spend the most money will be higher on the totem pole, regard less of how many seats you have. If not, the brokers who have 20-40 seats would get whatever they want.

I didn't mean to suggest total seats owned, but whether you are a full season ticket holder, 40 gamer or 20 gamer. I also didn't mean to suggest that I actually KNOW how they determine seniority for the regular season. Just speculating on what would make sense. Who SHOULD get preference, a guy who's had a 20 game pack for 10 years or a full season ticket holder for 4?

I just got my renewal packet, BTW. They are offering a 10 Metevante passes per seat for 20 and 40 gamers, as well as full season ticket holders in the terrace level. Just like last year. Other full season ticket holders get $70 credit for food and beverage per seat.

Got my packet today as well. My 20-game Sunday Plus plan schedule looks nice this year - all 5 all-fan giveaways, 3 Cubs games (more than any other 20-pack plan), 1 White Sox game and the final regular season game of the year.

They are offering a 10 Metavante passes per seat for 20 and 40 gamers, as well as full season ticket holders in the terrace level. Just like last year. Other full season ticket holders get $70 credit for food and beverage per seat.
Is that the "exclusive gift" hinted at in the letter they mailed about a month ago? I don't mean to sound like a perk snob, and I admit that for me, personally, the Brewers would have a hard time topping the meet-Corey-Hart opportunity I happily seized last spring...but the opportunity to visit the Metavante Club just doesn't sound all that appealing.

Still, it's fun to get the dates of our preset 20 pack (also Sunday Plus), which means I can get down to picking the games for our fan's choice package.

For those of you wondering, there are six all-fan giveaway dates, all on Sundays (though only five of the six are in the Sunday Plus pack):

May 3, May 31, June 28, July 26, August 30 and September 20.

Yeh, that's the gift. No option to meet a Brewer this year. One change I noticed is that you don't get the Metevante passes with the field bleacher seats. That's what I had last year. We almost always just sat up in the Metevante outside area. I guess the jig is up.

Does anyone have a listing of the opening day plus package? Haven't gotten my list of games yet already reupped with my season ticket guy and forgot to ask him. Secondly, when we have the ability to buy extra tickets early do we pay regular face value for the tickets or less?

Our list of 20-game packages is at home. If no one has posted it by tonight, I'll try to remember to do so.

As for the single-game tickets form that season ticket holders normally get in winter, I thought we paid face value, not less. If I can find evidence in our Brewers folder at home, I'll post it.

OK, here is the Opening Day Plus game list, per the flyer we received this week:

Fri 4/10, 3:05, CHC (duh, opening day)

Tue 4/14, 7:05, CIN

Thu 4/30, 7:05, ARI

Tue 5/12, 7:05, FLA (Wes Helms appreciation night?)

Wed 5/13, 7:05, FLA

Tue 5/26, 7:05, STL

Wed 6/10, 7:05, COL

Tue 6/23, 7:05, MIN

Wed 6/24, 7:05, MIN

Mon 6/29, 7:05, NYM

Wed 7/8, 7:05, STL

Mon 7/27, 7:05, WAS

Wed 7/29, 7:05, WAS

Wed 8/12, 7:05, SD

Tue 8/25, 7:05, CIN

Wed 8/26, 7:05, CIN

Fri 9/4, 7:05, SF

Tue 9/8, 7:05, STL

Mon 9/21, 7:05, CHC

Tue 9/22, 7:05, CHC

Regarding the opportunity to buy additional single-game tickets before the general public, I also found the mailing we got last offseason. For the 2008 season, you could purchase up to four tickets per marquee game for the cost of general public, non-marquee tickets. For non-marquee games, you paid the general public price.

Last season, the single-game ticket mailing was dated January 22 and the return deadline was February 15.

Just got my renewal package today, even though it was postmarked October 30 and I live in Milwaukee. Anyway....I don't think I'm renewing this year. I'll hold off for a week or so, but...I seemed to have so much more money this time last year.

I decided to go with the opening day plus package this year. Last year i had the Fan's choice. I think it's a good choice. My ticket rep got me seats in 425 in the first row of the terr. reserve. Much better then the row 18 seats that i had last year. What clinched it for me was that most of the games in that package were games i would have chosen anyways.

I couldn't help myself, and I renewed my Terrace Ticket Treat package for the full 81 games. It's just such a good deal, I couldn't pass it up. However, given that I had to go into my savings account to come up with the renewal money, I'm sure some of the tickets will end up on stub hub. Oh well, I suppose I have to work instead of go to games for a few days. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif GO BREWERS!

edit: too excited, corrected spelling

I couldn't help myself, and I renewed my Terrace Ticket Treat package for the full 81 games. It's just such a good deal, I couldn't pass it up.
Yeah ewizabeff! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

If we lived in Milwaukee, I'd have been tempted to try the TTT package when it was first offered, just so we'd have the leisure of up and deciding on any given day/night, "let's go to the game!" and know we'd have seats.

It's so nice...My seats aren't bad at all - right next to the escalator/bathroom/concessions/Spotted Cow stand....and I think I ended up making it to 70 games or so last year. Now I need to figure out how not to drop so much money on parking...I may be buying a bus pass.

Made the move today from our 9-pack we've had the last for few years to a 20-gamer. Have another couple that will use 5-7 of the games, so we will probably end up attending 15-20 games total as we have in the past.

Decided on the Sunday Plus package and moved our seats to Club Level. We've sat there a few times in the past and hope it will work out well for the wife, kids and I.

Nice, bensheeps. Sunday Plus FTW (as the whippersnappers on this site like to say).

If something drops on us from above, I guess we'll know who to have the ushers check out. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

anybody know if the ticket offices will be open tomorrow (Veteran's Day)? I'm off from school tomorrow (AZ celebrates it) so I was going to try to call my ticket rep with some questions.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived