Brewer Fanatic

4/9/06 D'Backs (Vargas) @ Brewers (Capuano) 1:05 CST

LS Brewer
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I'm gonna say is I asked nicely and you blew me off. Maybe I was a little too thin-skinned about it, but you don't need to be rude back. My point is simple, a leadoff batter with an OPS under 500 is a bad thing. Just because we have overcome it in the previous week of games doesn't mean we'll continue to do so. And I even pointed out that it is early and Brady will probably step up soon and get back to being the .300 hitter we know and love.

Quote:
Oh please. This is a public message board and if you can't handle the comment I made then you're skin's way too thin for the web.

Talk to people on here, like you would in person. The web should be no different than real life.

Boy, I've been very good about not bashing Jenkins so far, but my patience is wearing thin. I sure hope he doesn't play tomorrow, because he has that same "dear in the headlights" look at the plate.

Dear in headlights? Jenkins looks exactly like he always does, IMO. Furthermore, despite a bad series, he's still batting .261. I ask you, why does everyone want to look for any excuse to ride Jenkins?

As long as the Brewers can shrug this game off and come out blazing in STL, we'll be ok. Let's hope today's game is not a sign of things to come because honestly other than the hot starts from a couple of players, our hitters are starting to come back down to earth. Clark, Jenkins, Rickie, Prince, Miller, Hall are all struggling at the plate right now.

Oh, and by the way, Fernandez blows. He should only be used in mop up duty...so I guess that was one right move by Yost today.

Dear in headlights? Jenkins looks exactly like he always does, IMO. Furthermore, despite a bad series, he's still batting .261. I ask you, why does everyone want to look for any excuse to ride Jenkins?

First off, I made a mistake which you followed with. I meant "deer".

It's one series, but it's rough when Jenkins has no chance before the at bat has begun. Jenkins is hitting .255 or so now, with an OPS of about .615 (guessing with the numbers, since the gametracker has stopped). I thought it was a good sign in Pitt when he had two or three topspin liners that just cleared infielders, as he usually uses the whole field well right before he gets hot.

And it's not everyone who is riding him. Last year I was very vocal against him in the early going. Today is the first day where I've finally made comments about how terrible he looks at the plate. I know he'll get it going eventually. It'd just be nice if we had some other options for the 3-hole in the meantime. It'd be nice to drop him to 5th or 6th for a few days. Like I said before, it'd be nice if Clark, Jenkins, and Weeks have a nice roadtrip, or else the boys might return to Milwaukee in a hole.

never thought I'd be so disappointed at being 4 over .500.

Good to get this one out of the way, and tomorrow the boys can regroup. Ohka vs Mulder to open the new Busch, and hopefully Hardy, Lee, and Koskie keep it up, while the others get it going. Tough road trip, but this loss might be what it takes to help us have a chance to win tomorrow.

What a great home stand. 5-1! Today was just one of those tough luck baseball games with some mistakes mixed in. Seemed like every hard hit ball was at a dback. Weeks trying to turn a tough double play instead of just taking one out. Yost leaving cappy in two batters too long.

Can't win them all. i don't like the Jenks bashing already. Comon guys were 6 games in and have the best record in baseball. Jenks is starting slow but he's not totally lost up there. Sometimes I think you guys expect everybody in the lineup to go 3-5 every game.

This road trip will be a tough early test for the crew.

Lousy game today but looking at the glass half full or in this case more than half full we are still off to a great start. Now we start a huge road trip early. Need to try to go at least 4-5 this trip. Gotta flush what happened today and get those Cards at there place tommorow.

Archived