Brewer Fanatic

4/9/06 D'Backs (Vargas) @ Brewers (Capuano) 1:05 CST

LS Brewer

ESPN Link on Front Page

The Brewers look for six straight to open the season for the first time since the magical 1987 season. This will be my first game this year and my seven month old son's first game ever. We're starting him early. I just hope he can make the ride up from Chicago without a meltdown.

By the way, First Retro Sunday of the year.

Go Cappy!!!

On television: FSN North

On radio: WTMJ-AM 620

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait for the game today. I wish there was about 4 hours of pregame for this like there is for the Packer games.

Quote:
"We have so many ways to beat you," said shortstop J.J. Hardy, who collected three hits, including a one-out double in the ninth that ignited the winning rally. "As long as we play solid defense, I think we have a lot of ways to win games."

I feel the same way JJ, I feel the same way!

gotta be tough for the Dbacks. You've lost the first two in the series. Now you face a former teammate and 18game winning in Capuano. It's a day game w/the awkward shadows. And it's the very first retro Sunday, against a team that is 5-0, and has two coaches who were part of Team Streak.

Watch for a Bottom of the 9th! contest again today. It wil be opened up during the game sometime. Same question untill it's properly answered. I'll post here when contest opens, I'll hit the chat room as well.
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I was hoping now that Prince is heating back up Ned would move him back up the the 5 spot.

Quote:
Anyone else somewhat concerned that Yost isn't getting Hall much of the playing time that we thought he was going to get?

Not really, still very early.

The Brewers are 5-0 with the way things are. Why tinker with it? Hall has gotten a few PHAB's and Hart will see time. I'd have to say that if it were a 4-5 run game later in the game Hart would have seen time. Corey will get some playing time shortly.

Quote:
Hall will start against Mulder tomorrow. I'm more concerned that Hart can't buy an AB right now.

When Gross pinch-hit yesterday, I was thinking, "Come on Ned, just because he's #18 doesn't mean he's Wes Helms"

Then he tied the game.

Of course Corey Hart probably would have socked a dinger.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Here's your starting lineups: for those of you keeping score at home.

Arizona Milwaukee ------- --------- Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- SS Counsell, Craig 0 0 .333 CF Clark, Brady 0 0 .188 CF Byrnes, Eric 0 0 .333 SS Hardy, JJ 2 3 .267 LF Gonzalez, Luis 1 3 .313 RF Jenkins, Geoff 0 0 .375 1B Jackson, Conor 0 3 .444 LF Lee, Carlos 2 3 .455 RF Green, Shawn 0 1 .167 3B Koskie, Corey 0 0 .400 3B Easley, Damion 0 1 .250 2B Weeks, Rickie 0 1 .385 2B Hudson, Orlando 0 0 .167 1B Fielder, Prince 0 1 .143 C Snyder, Chris 1 5 .500 C Moeller, Chad 0 0 .000 P Webb, Brandon (0-0, 1.29) P Davis, Doug (0-0, 3.00)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Jamie, I believe those are yesterday's lineups - Fielder is hitting .278 I think and Miller is starting at C.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Meh, I won't be able to participate on the IGT's for this whole series. I had my son on Fri. and Sat. so was only able to catch the game through MLB audio (My boy Ryan is a gritty battler for an 11 month old so I have to constantly keep my eye on him) and today I am going to the bar and watch the game with a few of my friends who happen to be of the D-Back persuasion. I shall be a bigger man and keep my taunting to a minimum http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived