Brewer Fanatic

powerpoint stops responding

pitchleague

my wife is working on creating a powerpoint presentation for school but every 3 or 4 minutes, the program stops responding and she has to close the application. Sometimes she gets a save or two in, sometimes she does work and it freezes up on her.

It usually tends to happen when she wants to change fonts or font size (or pretty much any button on the toolbar) but sometimes happens unrelated to that.

Anybody have any suggestions, short of saying "upgrade to Open Office" or something along those lines? She's using Windows XP, has 2 GB of RAM, and it's from Office 2000. There is plenty of open memory, no processes using more memory than necessary, and she's not online.

She's frustrated that her project is taking probably 4 times longer than it should be and I'm totally lost on why it would be not responding at odd intervals.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived