Brewer Fanatic

Major windows error.

alorrigan

My story starts about 2 months ago. I have an HP laptop running Windows XP. I have had it for a little over 2 years now and I have hardly any problems with it. About 2 months ago it started to pause. Not freeze, but just like pause for a second and then keep working. It really only affected the sound as the sound would stop or sometimes slow way down, it never skipped, it was like it was playing in slow motion. I checked the taskmanager and the CPU usuage was going anywhere from 30% to 50% sometimes higher. I googled every process that was running and they all checked out as legit. While this was annoying it wasn't really a big deal to me.

Eventually my internet connection seemed to slow as well and sometimes it just disconnects me for no reason or just won't connect. I still have dial-up (I know, get with the 21st century) so I thought this may just be the crapiness that is dail-up coming through, but once again not a huge problem for me as the speed seems to be back but sometimes I'm disconnected or can't connect at all. After dealing with these little problems I thought I would do a checkdisk last weekend. I have done a virus scan and spyware scan and nothing ever came up so I thought this might do the trick. Well after taking about 15 hours for that to finish things got worse. When the system rebooted I got an error message that DrWatsonDebugger was not responding and has to close. After that nothing happened. All of the items were on my desktop but I cannot click on them. When I try to click on the start bar the cursor is the hourglass and I can't do anything. When I restart in safemode everything seems to work fine.

Now when I try to start in normally I keep getting a message that windows explorer needs to close. It does but then it opens back up again, and closes again and the loop continues. It seems like some program is conflicting with explorer. How can I figure this out. The only program I have installed in the last couple of months was Firefox about a month ago. Any help here please?

Archived