Brewer Fanatic

4/10/06 Brewers (Ohka) @ Cardinals (Mulder) 3:10 CST

BuckyTuba
  • Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
I'm all for letting guys work things out, but when you get past the sixth inning and you're still down, is it so bad to let someone pinch hit for a guy who's done nothing at the plate today?

This almost never happens in baseball and rightfully so. Pujols just came off a terrible series in Chicago. Point being, even the best in the business have "mini-slumps."

To be fair, Mulder was a total masher in college. I don't think he shook all the rust off of his bat last season, but it looks like he has now.

And, jeez, the 100 mph that Capellan throws looks an awful lot like 91 to me.

What is the deal with Capellan? I thought he was not all that long ago, one of the best pitching prospects in baseball, a fireballer whose fastball could approach triple digits...

Well, he's gotten shelled every time we've seen him this season, and has he even hit 95 on the gun? I'm not ready to give up on him, but I sure don't see what all the hype was about.

Disclaimer-

The following is a rant. If you are easily offended by severe negative comments about the brewers, please scroll down fast, or look away.

Well, back to reality. I dont think this team will win 80 games this year and here is why...

Still dont have an above average offense. Lee, and thats about it. Hall is inconsistent and with Koskie gets limited at bats now.

Our offense will REALLY struggle if Ned continues to hit Rickie and Prince back to back. Talk about a rally killer to have those two hitting back to back. Granted, they are the future, but right now they ARENT the present. Both look absolutely clueless at times. That alone will cost us some games early on this year.

Mulder- 2rbi

Brewers- 2rbi

That says it all right there.

Cappellan? Someone lied about this guy, yikes, 91 and straight as an arrow with NO offspeed pitch for strikes.

Is it me, or is Tomo Ohka the LEAST entertaining brewer pitcher in the history of the team? I get bored watching him pitch, even when he pitches well. He just doesnt excite me like the others do. Even guys who were terrible excited me more than Tomo.

Well, thank god for Pitt, otherwise, this team would be staring at a below 500 record early in the season, and come Next monday, they might be anyways.

Archived