Brewer Fanatic

4/10/06 Brewers (Ohka) @ Cardinals (Mulder) 3:10 CST

BuckyTuba
  • Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand, but I am talking more about a general trend rather than just the occurences tonight.

And regardless of who you are facing, if you have runners at 2nd and 3rd and 1 out, you need to be able to get at least one run in, more times than not. A flyball will do. A slow hit ground ball will do. You have to be able to execute and at least put the ball in play. If they can't find a way to do that, they're going to be on the short end of a lot of 4-3 games.

Whereas, while we have no players who are as good as their big three, but we are more solid 1-8.

This is exactly what whoever posted in that thread the other day said that the Brewers weakness was an elite hitter. The Cardinals have three of them, and it's tough to navigate them with guys on base. It really doesn't matter who else is in that lineup with those three. They're going to run away with the division with a Miles/Eckstein DP combo.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I am pretty sure Weeks wasn't trying to strike out. I don't know how benching him is going to improve his performance.

Like Brett said, unless he's tired, he's only going to get better by seeing more pitches and playing.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

interesting tid-bit (or maybe not)...on the espn gamecast thing i clicked on the milwaukee outs and only one out came to the left side of second base so far and that was a ground out to eckstein

as a side note, i don't know if i have seen anything with as many bells and whistles as that gamecast...the thing shows stats like hitting percentage after the first pitch as well as a hitters percentage versus a team and a specific pitcher.

Yeah, benching Rickie is not the answer. This guy has all the potential in the world, it would be a bad idea to crush his confidence, and we already know he can be dangerous. Seven games into the season, it's not even an option. The only downside is that I wish they could find a way for Hall to be an everyday starter, but not at Rickie's expense.

And no, Rickie certainly wasn't trying to strike out, but that was an UGLY swing at that third strike. You could tell when the pitch was halfway to the plate that it was going to be outside in the dirt.

Archived