Brewer Fanatic

4/10/06 Brewers (Ohka) @ Cardinals (Mulder) 3:10 CST

BuckyTuba
  • Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
The difference between the Cards and the Crew...runner on 3rd, Cards put the ball in play (sac fly) and score a run. Crew, two strikeouts.

More of that difference right there. We can't do anything with bases loaded and two outs.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I'd like to see Yost get slightly more aggressive with taking guys out of games when they're not performing. That goes with the offense too, not just the pitching. If one guy is pitching badly over three or four innings, give the bullpen the chance. That's why they're there. If one guy strikes out three times in one game, let someone else play his position.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Cardinals converted 2nd and 3rd, 1 out, we didn't. That's a 4 run swing.

Right now, that's one of the big differences between us and the Cardinals. They come through, we, more often than not, let opporunities slip away. I understand we have a young team and these things will happen, but that's really something that we're going to have to improve on this year, or these close games will start going the other way.

Right now, that's one of the big differences between us and the Cardinals.

Again. They have Mark Mulder, who is a very good pitcher. The Brewers have a solid lineup, but they don't have three Hall of Famers in the middle of it and they're not facing a fifth starter.

Sure, and they'll probably get more. All I'm saying is that the Brewers aren't as good as the Cardinals, either lineup-wise or on the mound today. Some seem to think the Cardinals score every time they have runners in scoring position, but they don't. No one does.

Quote:
I'd like to see Yost get slightly more aggressive with taking guys out of games when they're not performing. That goes with the offense too, not just the pitching.

Well, offensively nobody is performing other than Lee the last few games. Not enough bodies to replace everyone.

Rick Helling pitching for Tomo Ohka - this is a good time for a reliever to warm up - he's facing the bottom three of the Cardinals' order, and hopefully he doesn't walk the pitcher to extend the inning.

Then, we need to get our bats going.

Edit: Helling sits down 7-8 with three, count 'em, three pitches, then proceeds to give up a five-pitch double to the pitcher. I'm glad words aren't physical things because I'd be eating them, and I'm not hungry.

I think I'm done posting for the game - every time I do something bad happens.

Archived