Brewer Fanatic

4/10/06 Brewers (Ohka) @ Cardinals (Mulder) 3:10 CST

BuckyTuba

yeah the brewers are in trouble all right. bringing the go-ahead run to the plate in the bottom of the 9th against one of the best teams in baseball on the opening of their new stadium after they were swept on the road.

geez, talk about jumping on and off the bandwagon quickly.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly...the reason we lost was Jose Capellan. The guy is straight fastball all the time. Mulder just sat on it. He knew it was coming. You throw the guy junk pitches when you get ahead of him. Can't he get a curveball in there for a strike? When he had him in the hole, all he needed to do was throw an offspeed pitch in there and it would have thrown him all off. Not too smart.

Izzy comes in and slams the door, rather than Mulder coming out and giving up a hit, and the Looper experience.

Exactly. The Brewers never would have seen Looper and his 85 MPH fastball. It's unfair to almost ever blame one person for a loss anyway.

[ Exactly...the reason we lost was Jose Capellan. The guy is straight fastball all the time. Mulder just sat on it. He knew it was coming. You throw the guy junk pitches when you get ahead of him. Can't he get a curveball in there for a strike? When he had him in the hole, all he needed to do was throw an offspeed pitch in there and it would have thrown him all off. Not too smart. ]

Was he shaking Miller off?

there is the possibility that Capellan gets sent down on Sunday. The crew seems to like Fernandez, and Capellan would get more late inning work in AAA than he is right now. With our rotation going deep into games, there's just not enough innings for everyone to get regular work. Also, Fernandez may have opened some eyes in spring training, and the organization would likely lose him if they tried to sneak him to AAA.

"The crew seems to like Fernandez"

After seeing the portly Fernandez toss his knuckler up in the zone for two innings Sunday and see it get pounded, I'm not so sure he's all that well liked at least by this Brewer fan.

Capellan may need to go down at some point but I think Fernandez could easily clear waivers and get sent down.

I do think it was a mistake using Capellan down just 2 runs to the team to beat in the division after Helling had mowed em down for two innings. What's wrong with Helling going 3 and keeping his arm stretched out. I think at some point Helling may be needed in the rotation.

Quote:
After seeing the portly Fernandez toss his knuckler up in the zone for two innings Sunday and see it get pounded, I'm not so sure he's all that well liked at least by this Brewer fan.

Yes, I am also skeptical on him, but I did see some success from him when he kept the ball down in the zone. If he can control his knuckle and keep it low, he does seem to get outs, but if not, stick a fork in him.

Archived