Brewer Fanatic

4/10/06 Brewers (Ohka) @ Cardinals (Mulder) 3:10 CST

BuckyTuba

Wow.....HR for Mulder is pretty emberassing for Capellan....

This team has 3 players with a year or less of playing time, all of whom are extremely young (Hardy, Weeks, Fielder). Add in the pitcher (the Brewers pitchers will still be the worst in the NL) and a week C position (offensively Miller can't do much to overcome Moeller) and this team will struggle often to put together rallies and put up significant runs at a time. Jenkins isn't a model of consistency and all bets are off with Lee's consistency after last years bad 2nd half. The beginning of the season made it look like the Brewers were better than they are, but this is still a team with 85-88 win potential. They're just going to struggle now and then on the offense.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but this is still a team with 85-88 win potential. They're just going to struggle now and then on the offense.

SBL, you're right on. I think this is an 87 win team. It gets quite ridiculous to see some that apparently expect them to win 100 because they swept one of the worst teams in the league in the first three games.

Fine. Both times. 3 runs the first outing, and 2 the second. Does the point change?

It's just a little early to say the guy sucks, or there's something wrong with him. Pitchers give up runs sometimes. Who knows, maybe it takes Capellan a couple weeks to get his velocity up, maybe he hasn't had enough work. The game was lost at that point, anyhow.

Quote:
Our offense will REALLY struggle if Ned continues to hit Rickie and Prince back to back. Talk about a rally killer to have those two hitting back to back. Granted, they are the future, but right now they ARENT the present. Both look absolutely clueless at times. That alone will cost us some games early on this year.

Yawn. Come back and post again in June when they are both raking.

You were probably the same guy who gave up on JJ Hardy last April.

Young players take a little time to "get it". They will "get it."

They are too talented not to.

This is a 90 win baseball team. 2 losses does not change that. The pitching is going to carry us and we will get enough timely hits to win more games than we lose.

Ok, we are going to lose one game on the road to St. Louis against Mark Mulder in their opening of a new stadium? Is this reason to start ranting? I don't think so. I don't know many teams who would win in this situation. 5-2 is still not a bad start. Let's just go out there and get the next two games. We have Bush and Davis against two of their weaker pitcher in Suppan and Marquis. Come on guys, let's stay happy.

Anyone that realistically thought the Crew would go in and beat Mark Mulder in the opening of the new Busch Stadium with Tomo Ohka on the hill had to be dillusional.

It would have been a great game to steal, but nobody coudl have expected a win. I do expect wins Wed. and Thurs. I also think a sweep of the Mets this weekend is possible.

let's see if Rickie and Prince can give us a lil life and make them bring in Izzy to face Miller and Gross.

Quote:
I just hope Ned Yost is watching Bill Hall today....Hall needs to be starting 5 out of 7 and Ned did a horrible job getting Billy in the games over the weekend

I agree he should be starting 4-5 games/week, but in fairness to Ned, Arizona threw some Righties and Billy was coming off an 0-7 Pittsburgh series. It's not like he went into the Arizona series sizzling.

Archived