Brewer Fanatic

4/10/06 Brewers (Ohka) @ Cardinals (Mulder) 3:10 CST

BuckyTuba

The Brewers help open New Busch Stadium in St. Louis today at 3:10pm.

http://www.orlyowl.com/upload/files/okra.PNG

vs.

http://www.prosportspictures.com/images/mlb/st-louis-cardinals/2005/preseason/05-mark-mulder-1-sm.jpg

no ohka game thread is complete w/o a picture of okra.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohka is a battler.

http://www.jacksonfreepress.com/images/uploads/l_okra.gif

I've been thinking that while missing Carpenter the Brewers should go into this series looking not for one game, but two. St.Louis had a late game last night, they are down right now, and I honestly believe that we can win the series. With a new outlook and higher expectations, you have to believe that in a situation like this, we can win today and after the day off, win one of the following two games.

This is going to be a nice road trip for the Brewers. The team has a shot to show they are for real; a fifteen consecutive games schedule that features on the road against St.L, NYM, and Houston (all considered contenders) will be a lot of fun to watch.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

we definately will be more rested than the cards, since they got to play a night game travel home and get ready for a 3 oclock first pitch. Also in a new ball park, St Louis really wont know much how it plays so they lack that advantage too. If Ohka can repeat his performance on wednesday i like my chances.

I am worried about the game today, the cards just got swept by the scrubs and they are not going to be happy, i just hope they do not take there frustrations out on as, also they will be all jacked up for there new stadium.

Quote:
wish Corey Hart would get an at-bat sometime this month. Think there's any chance he starts today?

Zero. Zilch. None.

We are 5-1 with the lineup we've been using. There is no reason to change it. Especially with an off-day tomorrow. Nobody needs a rest. Don't start him just to start him.

Having said all that...He'll probably start just because then I'll be wrong. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Milwaukee St. Louis --------- --------- Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- CF Clark, Brady 0 0 .174 SS Eckstein, David 0 1 .200 SS Hardy, JJ 2 3 .333 RF Encarnacion, Juan 0 0 .174 RF Jenkins, Geoff 0 0 .250 1B Pujols, Albert 3 8 .300 LF Lee, Carlos 2 5 .368 CF Edmonds, Jim 1 3 .174 3B Hall, Bill 0 0 .000 3B Rolen, Scott 2 7 .375 2B Weeks, Rickie 0 1 .250 LF Taguchi, So 0 0 .182 1B Fielder, Prince 1 2 .227 C Molina, Yadier 0 2 .227 C Miller, Damian 0 4 .214 2B Miles, Aaron 0 3 .389 P Ohka, Tomo (0-0, 1.29) P Mulder, Mark (0-0, 3.86) 

Fine, but are we just going to let him rot? He's major-league ready. I know it's early, but I thought they planned on playing him a little more than this.

Who would they let "rot" instead? The fact that we have starting talent (Hall and possibly Hart) sitting on the bench really is not a bad thing.

Can't believe this game isn't on ESPN but I suppose it has something to do with the Cards being on ESPN last night. Kinda sucks for me because my FSN only covers the Twins. At least I have XM.

Game is on XM187 if anyone cares.

Quote:
Fine, but are we just going to let him rot? He's major-league ready. I know it's early, but I thought they planned on playing him a little more than this.

Stevo, I understand your complaint. I love Corey Hart too. I think he's going to be a good...actually great major league player. I just don't think he is one of our top guys right now (that's a good thing as noted above because of the depth). I feel like Ned would be cheating the team to go into St. Louis with a chance to make a statement coming off a 5-1 homestand and sit Lee, Jenkins, or Clark.

Corey's time will come. Until then..enjoy the success that the current lineup is having.

In all liklihood, Ned is just doing what he's done in the past. He's viewing April as a chance to get his main starters out there every day, thanks to the days off. Plus, no matter what is happening, people will complain about someone rotting on the bench. Capellan, Hart...who's next, Cirillo?

In all likelihood, we won't see Corey starting a game until sometime next week. In the blowout yesterday, I wouldn't have minded him playing an inning defensively and getting an at bat, but Yost generally does a good job, so I'll trust him. I'm just giddy we don't have to suffer through Magruder this year.

Archived