Brewer Fanatic

Halloween Costume Ideas?

sbrylski

There's thread on Halloween ideas that has slipped to page two, but that was about yard decoration, so I started a new one about costumes.

I'm not a flashy guy, I have no money, and I don't want to get teased for wearing no costume. So I need subtle ideas. I don't want to paint or wear anything on my face, and I'd like to wear as normal of clothes as possible, and preferably warm.

My first idea so far is Mose Schrute:

http://remote.lohudblogs.com/files/2008/02/mose.JPG

Shirt is easy, and if you're a watcher of The Office, it'll be very recognizable. Only problem is I have relatively thin facial hair, and thought of this about an hour after shaving yesterday. 6 days without shaving under my chin would probably not be very noticeable. So it might be just the shirt. But, big plus for being dressed like my hero, Ken Tremendous.

Any other ideas?

(And feel free to use this thread for all Halloween costume ideas, not just specific to me.)

What, "Sexy (Insert Mundane Profession)" doesn't work for you? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I've been struggling with ideas, too. Everyone I know is going as the Heath Ledger-style Joker, and while it could be an awesome costume if done correctly, I want to be original. I also don't want to spend money on something stupid. As of now I was planning on doing an old-time mobster type of thing -- pinstripe suit with a sharp-looking tie, maybe go out and buy an Al Capone-style hat and a fake cigar or something. That way, the cost is minimal and I don't have to buy any goofy outfits that I'll never wear again. For awhile, I was just considering not shaving for a few days, buying a shaggy blonde wig, and wearing a pair of ripped jeans and a long-sleeved flannel shirt and going as Kurt Cobain.

I usually don't get into the Halloween thing, but the girlfriend is throwing a Halloween party this year and won't let me be whatever the Halloween equivalent of Ebeneezer Scrooge is. She also insists that our costumes match, which is why the Cobain costume idea was nixed. She wasn't too keen on being Courtney Love. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

My friends and I have been trying to come up with something that also is relatively cheap, yet still "cool." We were thinking about going as the racing sausages, but that seems like a bit of a stretch now, considering we are still costume-less with only a few days to go.

So I think I may just borrow an idea from The Office and go as a "3 hole punch version of myself" ala Jim, in the Halloween episode from The Office from a few seasons ago. I guess if you are not an Office fan then it would not be as funny, but regardless it is cheap-- it only involves 3 paper circles taped on a white dress shirt with a tie. Simple, inexpensive and semi-clever!

I'm going as a wet t-shirt contest winner.

Teri and I went to goodwill and K-Mart to finish the outfit. I ordered the see through shirt, complete with healthy breasts and a sash that says, "Wet t-shirt contest winner". We picked up a blond wig and high heels and a skirt today. A clean shave and a little make up on Friday and I'm a drunk tramp. Should be interesting.

There may be pictures posted this weekend. Will have to be a link because of the maturity of the costume.

My son is Elwood Blues this year. We found most of the clothes at Goodwill. Only thing is, he's 10 and none of his friends get it...his teachers got it though. His friends think he's supposed to be some sort of spy or double agent. This is the first year since he was 5 or 6 (Buzz Lightyear) that he didn't go as a baseball player.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I bought a bunch of little polyesther easter chicks. I'm going to paste them all over my torso and go as a chick magnet.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Ive broken down the video and think I have that move down. If I get too drunk to dance I can always just throw a volley ball at people's faces and yell "Green Man!"

On a side note, the suit doesn't leave much to the imagination and seems to be pretty cold. I am planning to wear my ski long underwear underneath, but this could be a very uncomfortable night. Totally worth it though.

the girlfriend is throwing a Halloween party this year.... She also insists that our costumes match...
Al and Peggy Bundy

Bill and Hillary

Adam and Eve (wouldn't take much effort)

Sonny and Cher

Barbie and Ken

Fred and Wilma Flintstone

Pebbles and Bam Bam

Donald and Daisy Duck

Mickey and Minnie Mouse

Lucy and Desi

Gomez & Morticia Addams

Herman and Lily Munster

Bonnie and Clyde

John and Yoko

Napoleon and Josephine

Homer and Marge Simpson

Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Adam and Eve (wouldn't take much effort)
I have a hefty friend (with lots of back hair), who went as Adam one year. He wore nothing but a flesh colored woman's thong with a fig leaf attached to the front. Even though he was wearing only that, he managed to sweat profusely for the entire night while we were attending parties.

It was horrifying.

I stole your idea and am going with Mose. I think I've done a pretty good job with the costume.

My only concern is that not many people will recognize it, but it's not much of a concern. The people that do know who I am will love it.

I am going as Green Man from Its Always Sunny. The suit cost me $30 shipped from China. Its going to be hard to go to the bathroom with all the drinking though as the zipper runs down the back.
They just showed a person wearing that costume at the Badger/Spartans game. Interesting.

Its going to be hard to go to the bathroom with all the drinking though as the zipper runs down the back.

It could be worse. A guy I know once came to a party in a coffin with holes for his head, arms, and legs. Since he's a carpenter, this thing was, of course, a heavy duty plywood project. I'd guess it was very much like the proverbial pine box people used over a century ago.

The kicker was that he had someone nail him in. Why he didn't do something with hooks and hinges, with the hooks preferably on the inside, was beyond me. When he finally couldn't go any longer without relieving himself, he had to be pried out.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived