Brewer Fanatic

4/12/06 Non-Brewers Game Thread

SeriesFinale

Five errors for the Reds. Their infield defense is pretty atrocious today.

If I were that pitcher I'd be pretty mad at my infield defenders.

So far in the fourth the cubs have had three baserunners, all reaching and one scoring on errors.

Jeez, I wish I was actually watching this one, it reads pretty well!:

With Matt Murton batting, Derrek Lee caught stealing home, pitcher Brandon Claussen to first baseman Scott Hatteberg to second baseman Tony Womack to catcher Javier Valentin.

This has to be the most comically ludicrous game I've ever followed:

Ronny Cedeno hit into a fielder's choice double play - Claussen (P) to 2B Womack to 3B Encarnacion to 1B Hatteberg, Murton out at 3rd, Cedeno out at 2nd.

The inning before that, Claussen tried to pick off Barrett at 1st (with Lee on 3rd) and he got into a rundown, and the play resulted in Derrek Lee out at home.

I think I hear circus music...

Baltimore @ Tampa Bay

Daniel Cabrera pitching for Balt., according to Yahoo's stats, he has pitched 4 1/3 innings with 8 BB and 10 K. He leads 2-1.

Edit: Thru 5, 9 BB, 10 K. Wow.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Archived