Brewer Fanatic

Fantasy Baseball: 2008-09 Offseason

BrewCrewForever
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you're giving up the two best players in that trade. And I hate Yankees. But the Wang name opens doors, like Magglio doors. Foor Ichiro, if you're looking for power, what about Vlad? I think he's in line for a bounceback year, and the Angels' youth has to sprout soon. Otherwise, a good source for power this year is catcher. Maybe McCann+ for Ichiro?

I'm in a NL only 5x5 league, and our overall salary is $280 for the 25 man roster, I just traded Jarrod Parker, who is in my farm system for Aaron Harang who is signed for $10. Do you guys think this is a good trade, I think it was worth taking a chance that he would rebound into 2007 form.

Last year we had a Brewerfan league on yahoo that was more of a laid back type of fantasy. Lots of utility spots and no bench players so everyone on your team played from week to week. I thought it was great, especially for those who don't have a lot of time to sink into day to day fantasy sports. If anyone is interested in joining a league like that this year post here or shoot me a pm and I will set it up.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

I need some opinions on league expansion:

The league is expanding from 8 to 10 teams. It's a standard 5 x 5 h2h league.

We keep 3 players (1 pitcher)

My question is, where should the expansion teams pick in the draft?

They'll get good keepers like Cabrera, Teixera, Rollins, Hamilton, Peavy, and Hamels. So they are not at any disadvantage as far as player quality.

Should they pick last? First? In the middle somewhere?

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

I need some opinions on league expansion:

The league is expanding from 8 to 10 teams. It's a standard 5 x 5 h2h league.

We keep 3 players (1 pitcher)

My question is, where should the expansion teams pick in the draft?

They'll get good keepers like Cabrera, Teixera, Rollins, Hamilton, Peavy, and Hamels. So they are not at any disadvantage as far as player quality.

Should they pick last? First? In the middle somewhere?

We usually stick expansion teams in the middle. I think it's all around fair that way.

Robert

Not recruiting for a league just a question / request.

I am starting a league with some of my friends and half of them have never done a Fantasy Baseball League. I would like to find a cheat sheet that has the player stats included. This would help a ton in helping people to build more balanced roster, but I am having trouble finding any kind of cheat sheet like this. Anyone know where I can find something like that? If I can't find one I will probably just make one but I would prefer not to put that much time in.

Also are there any decent guides for new players. I think I have explained things in depth but I would like to try and prepare people as much as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my team for 2009 in the league I'm in. Let me know what you think:

C- Ryan Doumit

1B- Mark Teixiera

2B- Robinson Cano

3B- Evan Longoria

SS- JJ Hardy

OF- Matt Holliday

OF- Carlos Beltran

OF- Curtis Granderson

Utility- Adrian Beltre

Bench- Jose Lopez

Bench- Chris Young

Bench- James Loney

Bench- Jerry Hairston Jr.

SP- Jake Peavy

SP- Yovani Gallardo

SP- Matt Garza

SP- Gill Meche

SP- Aaron Cook

SP- Justin Duchscherer

RP- Bobby Jenks

RP- Heath Bell

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I commished one last year with a few friends and had some people drop out. If anyone wants to join, it's a yahoo draft with a mix of SABR and counting stats. 8x8. Snake draft.

League Name: Field of Fiends

Yahoo League ID#: 108254

Password: Prince

R-RBI-HR-SB-OBP-SLG-TB-E

W-ERA-K/9-K/BB-WHIP-HLD-SV-QS

C-C-1B-2B-SS-3B-MI-CI-RF-CF-LF-OF-UTIL-UTIL

Definitely open to the novices.

Archived