Brewer Fanatic

Miller Park renovations for 2009: outfield grass, club level suites, field level Fan Zone store, more

hawing

Link to 10/24/2008 Brewers press release

Highlights:

- Outfield grass will be replaced by the same kind of grass that's currently in the infield.

- All 43 suites on the club level will be renovated. One will become the "2008 Brewers Party Suite," with "photos, posters and color schemes representing the 2008 National League Wild Card winners."

- The club level Fan Zone store will get a facelift.

- The five Function Rooms will be upgraded.

Click here for the Journal Sentinel's take on the changes (including some photos).

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I thought it was kind of amusing that they made sure to put this in:

"All of the renovation work is being paid for by the Brewers. No taxpayer money is being used."

I'm not ripping on the Brewers or Journal-Sentinel at all for that, it just seemed fitting after the recent hub-bub about the tax payers partially paying for the new video board.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Call me when they put in the brewery. Also, a roller coaster down the spine of the closign roof would be neat. But yeah, I await the brewery.

Given the naming rights agreement, I'd say a giant pipeline or conveyor belt is more likely.

Call me when they put in the brewery. Also, a roller coaster down the spine of the closign roof would be neat. But yeah, I await the brewery.

Given the naming rights agreement, I'd say a giant pipeline or conveyor belt is more likely.

Would taxpayers have to finance a trans-Miller-Valley pipeline? I'm not necessarily against Miller products, so if we got some kind of subsidy on High Life, I could support it. And it would create jobs.

But seriously, there was a brew pub in the original plans. If that meant a fake MillerSABCoorsInc-owned "craft brewer," with fake braumeisters imported from South Africa, I could still support it. If there was a just God, they'd give Randy Sprecher the keys, but I got my playoffs so I'll quit pushing my luck.

Archived