Brewer Fanatic

4/12/06 Brewers (Bush) @ Cardinals (Marquis), 7:10 PM CST

wOOgiE22
Quote:
realize people's frustrations are stemming from the bonehead plays by Jenks and Weeks.

Not mine. Mine stem from a pitcher who can't control where the ball is going. Even though his pitch count is low why not take him out? The bullpen is coming off an off day and DD is going tomorrow.

Quote:
what are u smokin......the brewers, tho we love them, right now cant be compared to cards. we're not in their league ..

Disagree. Cards have gotten two bad outings from our starting pitching. Your starting pitcher doesn't have control = not a very good chance to win against anyone.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About Jenkins:

He was trying to be quick and have only 2 score. Ohka and Bush both look like total crap in their second start. They were locked in their first starts and their second starts are all over the place.

I had just tuned in the radio and it sounded to me from Uecker's account that Jenks and Weeks combined to totally blow it.

Either way, was he charged with the error or was it ruled a hit? Ueck sounded like it was going to be changed.

The problem was bush hitting eckstein, throw a pitch right down the middle to juan e. and then walking pujols. Another pitch down the middle to edmonds and then not backing up third on the throw to third from weeks

I didn't hear any of that, but it's not a huge surprose after his start to the game. I listened for a bit, then turned it off, then back on to hear it seem as if it was an error festival.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Quote:
Seriously the friggin Royals put a triple A team on the field every year and even they can have a year where things go their way and they contend all year.

I dont really see the Royals contending lately, but ok.

2002 62 100

2003 83 79

2004 58 104

2005 56 106

Maybe that 83-79 is what you were talking about.

Not mine. Mine stem from a pitcher who can't control where the ball is going. Even though his pitch count is low why not take him out? The bullpen is coming off an off day and DD is going tomorrow.

I think you're right that both Ohka and Bush just can't even come close to where the catcher has been setting up this series, but who's responsibility is it if they leave a pitcher in past his time (Yost?) and he did the same to Cappy on Sunday. You have a 13 man bullpen for a reason. When it's clear your starters are pretty much incapable of hitting the catchers spot by a foot you count your blessings if you can get into the 5th with said pitcher and you move to the bullpen.

Errors will occur. The fact Jenkins decided to have most of his in the first 2 weeks will be a good for the team in the future. The fact that Rickie never found a ball in his glove that he didn't want to throw somewhere is a different problem. I recommend they make him eat a ball every time he fails to "eat" a ball in play. Eventually he'll get sick of the taste and maybe think about rushing a throw when there's no chance of getting a runner.

Quote:
Even if we lose this game we are 5-3 putting us on pace for 101 wins. Why all the crying?

I know. DD, Ohka, and Bush all struggled in back to back to back games and the bats are cold. It happens ppl. Still 154 games to go.

---Silver Lining, Jose Capellan looked a lot better then his previous two outings. Throwing strikes and going after hitters.

Not mine. Mine stem from a pitcher who can't control where the ball is going. Even though his pitch count is low why not take him out?

Bush was coming into the inning after a 5-pitch fourth inning, so no one was warming up. By the time Bush had put a couple guys on and the bullpen started up, there were a whopping 7 pitches before the bases-clearing double and errors, not enough time to get a guy loose and into the game.

Just because you thought that making a move was the way to go doesn't mean that it could have worked logistically.

You know what will be embarrassing? A 5-5 record after all the hype that came after win #5.

I know we're a young team and the future is bright, but I've lost count so far this season as to how many times I thought I was watching Brewer teams of the past 5 years.

Archived