Brewer Fanatic

4/12/06 Brewers (Bush) @ Cardinals (Marquis), 7:10 PM CST

wOOgiE22

The Brewers look to end their 2 game losing skid after winning their first 5 to open the season. Dave Bush is set to take the mound for the Brew Crew tonight. In his debut for the Brewers, Bush ripped through the D-backs lineup with 7 K's, 2 hits, and 1 run for the win. Bush will be facing Jason Marquis who in his last start had 5 K's, 5 hits, and 2 runs for the win against the Phillies.

Dave Bush (1-0, 1.29)

Jason Marquis (1-0, 3.38)

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2006/03/13/URwpUtm6.jpg vs. http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20050909/marquis_82314.jpg

TV: MLB.TV

Radio: 620 WTMJ

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can this game not be televised? I know the Bucks are on FSN, but couldn't they have been moved to UPN?

I think we break the 2 game skid tonight. I really think Bush will pitch great, and the bats will get going against Marquis. Lets get some runs Crew!

Yeah I think we do okay against Marquis. I know Suppan just owns us as his own personal female dog. If Bush pitches like he did his first start and we hit no problem in this one. Sucks that there is no TV though, its okay Im grilling burgers out and will listen to Ueck and Jim call the action.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

From jsonline.com:

"Marquis is one of the best-hitting pitchers in the NL, batting .310 last season with eight doubles, a triple, a home run and 10 RBI."

Does this scare anyone else given the offensive production of the 9-hole against the Crew this year?

Anyways, I think this is a huge game for us (well, as huge as the 8th game as the season can get...). We got off to a hot start of course, but have cooled off and need to stop the bleeding before a 2-game skid becomes a 4 or 5-game losing streak. If this team wants to become a contender, these are the kinds of games they have to win.

Quote:
Does this scare anyone else given the offensive production of the 9-hole against the Crew this year?

Um no. Not really. Pitchers are 3 for 17 this year against the Brewers.

Pitchers not named Mulder are 1 for 14.

Hardly "offensive production."

I agree. It's time to break out the bats and get hitting.

In the early going, it's become clear that the Cardinals' weaknesses are the spots in their lineup that are not 3,5 or 9*.

If we can score some runs early and get into their bullpen by the fifth or sixth inning, we should be able to take advantage of it and pull off a win. It'd be nice to steal a couple of extra wins from the Cardinals before Edmonds starts hitting and their bullpen solidifies.

*against us, at least.

Quote:
I really want to see the Brewers break out and score 8 runs in the first three innings. It's time to show some life now.

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk here, but this isn't Little League or a video game. Teams don't just score 8 runs in 3 innings in the major leagues more than a few times a year. Some teams will go a whole year without doing it.

I agree it would be nice, but I don't think it's a very realistic goal for the night. I'd be happy scoring 5 or 6 runs for the game and getting a win.

Quote:
I agree it would be nice, but I don't think it's a very realistic goal for the night. I'd be happy scoring 5 or 6 runs for the game and getting a win.

I'm sure everyone would be happy with a win. Also, the Yankees have averaged 11.5 runs per game in their four wins, so it is possible to put up big numbers quite often. But yes, 5-6 runs is fine with me, as long as our pitching does well.

I think what would be nice about them scoring 8 runs early in the game would be not having to hope the Brewers come back.

They haven't taken the lead first until Monday when Hall homered. Two runs were great, but 8 would have done it and those Cards fans would have gone home unhappy.

Oh well. Here's hoping to a feast of runs and not a famine.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Milwaukee St. Louis --------- --------- Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- CF Clark, Brady 0 0 .185 SS Eckstein, David 0 1 .233 SS Hardy, JJ 2 3 .286 RF Encarnacion, Juan 0 0 .154 RF Jenkins, Geoff 0 0 .296 1B Pujols, Albert 4 9 .304 LF Lee, Carlos 2 5 .348 CF Edmonds, Jim 1 3 .185 3B Koskie, Corey 0 0 .500 3B Rolen, Scott 2 9 .370 2B Weeks, Rickie 0 2 .250 LF Schumaker, Skip 1 1 .333 1B Fielder, Prince 1 3 .269 C Molina, Yadier 0 3 .200 C Miller, Damian 0 4 .188 2B Miles, Aaron 0 3 .333 P Bush, Dave (1-0, 1.29) P Marquis, Jason (1-0, 3.38 ) 

Quote:
Um no. Not really. Pitchers are 3 for 17 this year against the Brewers.

Pitchers not named Mulder are 1 for 14.

Hardly "offensive production."

Ok, I realize pitchers haven't been deadly against us, I was just saying they have knocked in a few key runs within the span of a week. It was just one of those "oh great, I hope this doesn't happen again" type things. No, I am not afraid of Marquis' bat, I was just saying...

So, Billy goes 3-4 the other day, and what is his reward? Sitting the pine again tonight? C'mon Ned, I thought Billy was going to be a super-utility guy this year! Why not start him for Clark tonight? Am I missing something here?

Quote:
How can this game not be televised?

Because this was the first time I was at home during a game. I was looking forward to my first TV game this year. Grrr.

I'm hoping we get some hits early and often.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Can someone please explain the logic behind NOT starting Hall tonight?! He goes 3-4 on Monday, including a bomb and he lands on the bench. Meanwhile, you have Weeks hitting 2 for his last 17. Wouldn't this be a good time to get Hall some AB's? He's never going to get his 400 playing only against lefties. Sometimes the logic Ned uses really irks me....ugh!!

Why would you bench Weeks now when we are just 8 games into the season? If he is going to be our future, we need him to play himself out of this mini-slump. As much as I love Billy Hall, benching Weeks just isn't the right thing to do this early in the season.

That was a promising first inning for the Crew.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Archived