Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks Thread 2008–2009 (part 1)

danzig6767
  • Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RJ has been so bad. I wonder if he's just a product of Jason Kidd. Just really, really hard to sum up how bad he's been. I like the intensity he brings, but he's been a huge bust overall.

NBA refs are a complete embarrassment. We complained all year about the umps in MLB, but tonite was a prime example of the problem of the league and the officiating. David Stern should be ashamed. As Jon said, Garnett staying around and Bogut being tossed was very disturbing.

Tonight was nothing new for Garnett. He's a dirty player, an embarrassment to the league any time he's behind a mic, and pretty much just a classless human being. Did I miss anything?

!#$+@*!@ that was a heartbreaking loss. The refs absolutely mailed it in, but it still reallly hurts.

RJ isn't a shooter, that's clear. He can get to the rim and defend. With Redd on the floor he would be better on offense.

Agreed on the Bogut/Garnett comments. I can't understand how that was even close to reasonable (toss Bogut but not Garnett). Crazy.

Was a fun game to watch; if/when Milwaukee gets healty...they could be really hard to beat. Ridnour is fun to watch.

Tonight was nothing new for Garnett. He's a dirty player, an embarrassment to the league any time he's behind a mic, and pretty much just a classless human being. Did I miss anything?

Really? I wouldn't define a player by one play or anything. I really like KG and to me he's good for the NBA. He put up with lack of talent on the T-Wolves and always gives 100%...not something that always happens in the NBA.

RJ has been so bad. I wonder if he's just a product of Jason Kidd. Just really, really hard to sum up how bad he's been. I like the intensity he brings, but he's been a huge bust overall.

NBA refs are a complete embarrassment. We complained all year about the umps in MLB, but tonite was a prime example of the problem of the league and the officiating. David Stern should be ashamed. As Jon said, Garnett staying around and Bogut being tossed was very disturbing.

!#$+@*!@ that was a heartbreaking loss. The refs absolutely mailed it in, but it still reallly hurts.

IMO opinion RJ has had a few bad games, but overall I think he has been very good most of the time. He has played good defense at the 3, and is averaging around 19 ppg. I expect him to be even better the more the team gets to know each other, and w/ Redd on the court. I'm not sure what you expected out of him, but he brings a lot more to the team than Simmons or Yi would've.

Also, I didn't agree w/ the call either, but to call Garnett a classless human being is way off, he is the total opposite of that. I'm not sure if you were thinking of somebody else, but he is a very good speaker, does a ton of charity work, and is considered a great teammate. Here are a few links to show you some of the things he has done.

http://sports.espn.go.com...s&source=NBAHeadlines

http://www.nba.com/news/garnett_assist_080522.html

I have always like KG. I don't really consider hima dirty player, he is just a big man who plays with a ton of emotion and every once in a while and elbow ends up where it shouldn't be. I wish the Bucks had a player like him on the roster.

I think some people are being a little over critical on RJ so far. He just isn't the type of player who should be option #1 on offense and right now he is. I think once Redd comes back RJ will be much more comfortable in the offense. He is still playing good defense and rebounding reasonably well, he just needs to get his shot going again and get to the FT line more. I am fairly confident that he will get it going.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I believe Bogut was tossed because that was his second technical foul of the game. Wasn't it?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I believe Bogut was tossed because that was his second technical foul of the game. Wasn't it?
Yes it was. Both are probably going to get a fine and/or 1 or 2 game suspension though. I believe 1 game is what both KG and Bogut will get.

Per Sportscenter, Garnett suspended for the Celtics next game vs. the Knicks. Bogut fined.

Bennett Salvatore is a fool. He and his crew should be fined. If it's blatant, fine. But I hate when these NBA refs disrupt the competitive balance with questionable technical fouls.

Why would Bogut get a suspension? He was not the aggressor and never threw a punch. Did you even watch the game nate?
Reading the NBA rules about elbows and knees. In the ESPN article it touches on this. If you are going through a shooting motion and hit someone you are at fault. Yes I know it is a stupid rule but we are talking about the NBA here. I was just guessing what it would be and a 1 game suspension according to the rules or a fine would be taken out on Bogut it doesn't really matter who the aggressor was or wasn't.

I'm pretty sure that what you are referring to is the "Kobe rule". Last year (2 years ago?) Kobe was nailing guys with his left elbow on his way up for a jump shot. The rule was put in place shortly after several guys needed stitches...
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Does anyone else here detest Chauncey Billups? He is such a good ball player that I started to despise him when he was w/ the Pistons. That rat-faced "crap" grin of his makes me want to punch my TV...too bad he isn't on the Bucks http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Maybe the Pistons benifit from the trade as they will clear some cap-space, but on just a plaver V player aspect; I'd take Billups over AI anyday.

They may be free up cap space to make a run at Labron when he's up for free agency after 2009 - I think it's after 09 anyway.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

They may be free up cap space to make a run at Labron when he's up for free agency after 2009 - I think it's after 09 anyway.

While that sounds good in theory, it's gonna be next to impossible. Detroit has trouble keeping they're own free agents, and there are gonna be like 17 other teams "in the running."

With regards to Chauncey, I was thinking he seems like one of the nicest guys in the league. Just from the way he plays, and pregame greetings he seems like a hell of a nice guy.

Yoshi: with regards to Garnett, I still think the guy is a complete fool. Sure he's not a terrible guy like I said (I was just really ticked off from that loss), but I think he gets away with way too much on the court just because "ZOMG, that KG is so INTENSE!" reputation he has around the league.

I apologize for taking you guys off topic here- but does anyone know of a quality Bucks message board or fan site? I can find a few through google searches, but I'd like to hear an opinion or two from people who actually visit them regularly. Thanks!

I apologize for taking you guys off topic here- but does anyone know of a quality Bucks message board or fan site? I can find a few through google searches, but I'd like to hear an opinion or two from people who actually visit them regularly. Thanks!

http://realgm.com/

One of the most active boards on the site.

Archived