Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks Thread 2008–2009 (part 1)

danzig6767
  • Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Lebron James is pretty good.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Lebron James is pretty good.
Yeah, he seems to have this basketball thing down.

I'm not even that into NBA ball, more of a college hoops guy but I love watching King James play. Everytime a Cavs game is on TV I try to catch at least some of it. He is like a freak of nature hes so good. There really is no stopping him.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

JJHardy7 wrote:

I know Kohl isn't a perfect owner and has made mistakes, but if what you're saying is right the Bucks won't be in Milwaukee 5 years from now. It's as simple as that and Kohl isn't that stupid since that would essentially drive down the price he can sell the team for if people know he has to sell the team.

This is a good point. I still have a hard time seeing Kohl pay the tax for a team with a ceiling that isn't really championship caliber. But, with the economy and his age I suppose it is possible that he isn't willing to watch talented players leave and watch a crap team for 2 years until our crap contracts expire. I don't think it's likely, but I guess it is POSSIBLE that for these reaons he forks over the cash.

So if both players were to command the same contract, who would people rather see us lock up, Sessions or CV? I'm firmly entrenched in CV's corner, but I could see the argument for Sessions. Seriously, the lack of an RJ deal really killed our future it seems.

I'm only watching the box score but really, this game is looking disgusting. Given that the Bowels beat the Nugz in their last game with only 8 men, you can't really draw a lot of concrete conclusions, but really, a nucleus of CV and Sessions would be like building your house on stone, as opposed to the quicksand of a foundation "Man who should be Bill Simmons" inherited.

If the Bucks make the playoffs with this roster, is Skiles the coach of the year??

He took an opening roster that was projected at best to win about 35 games and finish no better than 11th in the East (at least the predictions I saw). He then lost his best scorer in Michael Redd for the season, along with having his best post player in Bogut miss a huge chunk of the season with a back injury.

I know he probably won't win it, but I'm hard pressed to find a better coaching job than that to this point in the season.

I think Skiles should get serious consideration if the Bucks get better than the eighth seed, or somehow get above .500. I don't think they'll give it to a team who's six games under .500 and squeaks in to the playoffs to get crushed in 4-5 games.

Did anyone else catch that Friday night's Milwaukee Bucks @ New Orleans Hornets game has been bumped from ESPN? This was the Bucks' only nationally televised game during the regular season. I'm out of the FS-Wisconsin viewing area, so this was my one chance to see the Bucks on TV. I put this game on my calendar in October and planned my weekend around it.

In the last week, the Pistons have been beaten by the Bucks and the Magic have been beaten by the Bulls. So instead of seeing Sessions abuse CP3, we get to see Stuckey abuse Alston? Another notch in ESPN's fabled belt of good times. If only we had made Bill Simmons our GM.

Archived