Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks Thread 2008–2009 (part 1)

danzig6767
  • Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW-I still think the Prince is a building block for our future. Meant to put him in.

PG Sessions

SG Redd

SF/PF Villy

SF/PF The Prince

C Bogut

Special mention: SF/PF Alexander

With a good lottery selection, and whatever bounty we can get for RJ, we should be right back in the thick of it next year. Considering that Skiles' system is more defensive-based, it was wrong of me to not mention the rookie who holds it together.

trwi7 -- you seem to be the bf.net expert on this stuff. Is this site below legit?

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q16

Yes, that's a legit site. I don't even think about not having a luxury tax, since I can't remember not one team being in it. The Lakers and Celtics will be in it next year. If a team like the Knicks goes all out and signs two max contracts in 2010 they'll certainly be in it to fill out their roster.

It's too bad Redd got hurt. We probably could have probably could have traded him for at least a 1st round pick and a fat expiring contract or two. We then would have the cap space to resign Charlie V and Sessions. I also think if there is a way to get Wisconsin native Caron Butler now or down the road it would be a great fit. My wife went to high school with , he was a real decent guy and a hell of a ball player. If we could make that trade we finally would have a guy that would be excited about being a Milwaukee Buck and not complaining about what market he got stuck in. IMO

Did anyone watch the game tonight? Why did Charlie V only get 21 minutes?
Only saw the second half, but Villanueva just wasn't playing very well and Malik Allen was.

Hope Portland was watching...RJ is almost making me have second thoughts about wanting to trade him. Almost.

I would think the only avenue for ridding ourselves of Danny Gadz would be Ramon Sessions, which I'm not prepared to do.

You may be right but Portland is in an interesting situation right now. They are one of the few teams who will not be in the 2010 FA Royal Rumble, so they are willing to take on salary. especially after the Miles situation.

This article I think spells out there options. http://trailblazers.realg...options_at_small_forward/

However now it looks like they may be making a run at David Lee, if they were to get Lee they would have to take on Eddy Curry and his 2 year 9.7 mil salary, which is still better than the 3 yr 6.2 of Gadz. Man that Gadz contract is one of the worst in the NBA.

In the end I think RJ is not going anywhere, but I have been wrong many, many times before.

I just did a quick search on worst NBA contracts and found Bill Simmon's rankings.

8. Dan Gadzuric, three years, $20.3m

7. Marko Jaric, three years, $21.3m

6. Larry Hughes, two years, $26.5m

5. Jamaal Tinsley, three years, 21.5m

4. Baron Davis, five years, $60m

3. Eddy Curry, three years, $31.5m

2. Elton Brand, five years, $84m

1. Gilbert Arenas, six years, $111m

Curry must have a player option on his deal, which he would be stupid not to excercise. SO if they would take Lee and the 3rd worst contract, Portland may be willing to take RJ and the 8th. They are pretty loaded at PF, but Lee could play some SF for them. There need is really for a wing type player and RJ seems to fit the mold.

As long as they can just trade RJ, and maybe Ridnour along with him, they will be fine. No one is taking Gadz unless we include Sessions or draft picks, which defeats its purpose. After next season, Gadz and Redd are going to be very valuable expirings that could allow us to pick up a very good player, so I'm fine with him as long as we can clear salary in different ways.

BTW-I still think the Prince is a building block for our future. Meant to put him in.
Totally agree, I love the Prince. I think as long as we have enough scoring around him he can become a great defender to cancel out other teams wings. I think Redd is a core part by default though, meaning no one will take his contract. I like Sessions, Luc, CV, Bogut as a core. Hopefully we can shed some salary (ie Portland trade) so we can keep our young guys.

Elson has been pretty solid. Kind of out of leftfield too.

He got minutes on good SA teams so I assumed he'd be Bogut's primary backup so I was surprised when Gadz got the backup minutes and initial starts when Bogut went down. Maybe trying to squeeze an ounce of value out of that contract? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif I saw that list of the worst contracts, I'm kinda surprised he's only 8th

That link talked about Jefferson to Cleveland...

I really hope the Bucks stand pat. This is the first Bucks team in 7 or 8 years with a real identity. I really respect the intensity and effort RJ, Sessions, Bell and Charlie V are putting up everynight. (I actually saw 24 second violations on Detriot last night!)

I understand, trading RJ might be the right move - so I could accept it. But for the first time in at least 3 years, I was really excited to watch the game last night.

I really hope the Bucks stand pat. This is the first Bucks team in 7 or 8 years with a real identity. I really respect the intensity and effort RJ, Sessions, Bell and Charlie V are putting up everynight. (I actually saw 24 second violations on Detriot last night!)

I understand, trading RJ might be the right move - so I could accept it. But for the first time in at least 3 years, I was really excited to watch the game last night.

The problem with not trading RJ is that the Bucks won't be able to bring back Sessions or CV. Trading RJ will at least allow the Bucks to sign one of Sessions or CV at the minimum the Bucks could possibly sign both CV and Sessions.

I believe they've updated that story a few times. It talks about RJ to Cleveland, Portland and San Antonio. I have not seen Portland play much this year, but getting Outlaw would be very nice. He's still fairly young and I think the best is yet to come. We could get an expiring contract with LaFrentz and also some talent. I'd prefer not to dump RJ for just an expiring contract. I know the salary cap and that plays into it, but being able to get Outlaw and keeping Sessions and CV would be pretty sweet.

I understand the economics of the situation. However, the Bucks still would have the option of trading RJ or someone else in the offseason in an attempt to sign CV or Sessions.

I think the Bucks can compete for the #6 seed. I don't think you give that away.

I understand the economics of the situation. However, the Bucks still would have the option of trading RJ or someone else in the offseason in an attempt to sign CV or Sessions.
Actually if you move him in the off-season you have to take back salary which will have to be on the books for 2009-2010, so you won't be able to just clear his salary. The whole point in trading him now to get Raef Lafrentz's huge EXPIRING contract, which comes off the books next year. It will suck if we have to trade Jefferson now, especially with how he's been playing, but keeping him almost guarantees losing CV and will make it really tough to even fill out the rest of our roster.

Archived