Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks Thread 2008–2009 (part 1)

danzig6767
  • Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kohl has nothing to do with Kohl's at this point. He could still have stock from back when the family first sold the food stores back in the 70s but that's it. The owner of the food stores then opened up the department stores. The food stores were then sold off again before being shut down. The department store took off after the split with the food store.

As much as I like seeing the Bucks enjoy some success (yes, back to back wins count as success), I can't help but think that they should sell high on Charlie V. I admire his production as of late, but I do not see him as a 20-25+ guy in the long run.

as long as the Bucks are in a fight for a playoff spot, I can't imagine seeing Charlie V getting moved unless he brought back a name to introduce to the fan base. There was actually a really nice crowd there last night. With the bucks in control most of the way through, the fans were into it. We can't send a message to the season ticket base that we are waving a white flag. This team played very well without Michael Redd earlier in the year and can probably hang around 500 for the season even without him. Maybe not the best thing long term, but it at least gives us a shot to maybe catch lightning in a bottle in the post like the Hawks did last year, maybe get people excited

That was a really good game a few nights ago. This is the first time in years I can still remember following the Bucks in February.

If the Bucks can't unload RJ and Redd, they might as well play hard and just keep working on Skiles' system and hopefully draft well in the middle of the first. After next season ('10-'11), we'd have some very valuable expirings and hopefully a decent young core.

As much as I like seeing the Bucks enjoy some success (yes, back to back wins count as success), I can't help but think that they should sell high on Charlie V. I admire his production as of late, but I do not see him as a 20-25+ guy in the long run.

1. I question if we'd get a good enough return given he'll be a RFA after the season

2. I believe Charlie can easily be a 20ppg scorer in the NBA. This is the first time since he's been a Bucks that Villanueva has had both consistent minutes and has been a featured cog in the offense. The last few years he's had injuries and the promise to Yi of playing time that limited the minutes for CV, plus Mo/Redd and Bogut to a lesser extent took a lot of the shots. Now with Redd hurt, the Bucks need offense so Charlie is getting 30mpg and he has a featured role in the offense. His confidence is high. His main weakness though is still on defense.

I don't know if shutting Bogut down now is the best course of action. Skiles has lit quite the fire under these kids' collective bottoms and I would hate to see them begin to tank. Then again, when was the last time we put together back-to-back wins (rhetorical)?

If the Bucks start to tank or whatever they may do and get the 1st pick in the draft who do the Bucks pick? I only see Griffin as a sure #1 and I'm not even sure if Griffin is really worth a #1 pick. Griffin and Bogut in the middle would be nice but I'm not confident about Griffin's defense.

Maybe the Bucks would be better to get the #2-5 pick this year. Stephen Curry could be a good SG I'm not sold on him being a PG. I am not liking the looks of this possible draft.

If the Bucks start to tank or whatever they may do and get the 1st pick in the draft who do the Bucks pick? I only see Griffin as a sure #1 and I'm not even sure if Griffin is really worth a #1 pick. Griffin and Bogut in the middle would be nice but I'm not confident about Griffin's defense.

Maybe the Bucks would be better to get the #2-5 pick this year. Stephen Curry could be a good SG I'm not sold on him being a PG. I am not liking the looks of this possible draft.

Yes the Bucks would take Griffin and no they wouldn't be better off with the second pick instead.

As for Stephen Curry, he's a very productive college player without an NBA position. He's short and skinny for an NBA shooting guard, but he doesn't really have point guard skills either which fits his size better. I think with his great ability to shoot that Curry will be able to stick around off the bench in the NBA as a scorer, but teams don't spend top 5 picks on players that project to be a bench player.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I wonder what kind of pro Thabeet will make? He has no jump shot really but that could potentially develop. He would be a force down low on the defensive end.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I've been a huge fan of Griffin since I first saw him play last year... and was hoping he'd declare last year and fall to the Bucks. No luck. He is the clear cut #1 pick in the draft, and nobody else is even close. I don't understand how anyone who has seen the guy play can say he's not worth the #1 pick. He's a beast on offense, even though he needs to work on his outside shot. He's an unbelievable rebounder. He has a great NBA body. He's unbelievably athletic. But my favorite characteristic about his is his intensity. There aren't many players that have his talent and his intensity. He gives 110% every second he's on the floor. His D may be suspect, but that's something that people with his athletic ability can vastly improve on with some coaching.

That being said, there are a number of other guys I'd love to have in the draft. Everyone is saying this is a weaker draft, but in my opinion there are a bunch of guys I'd like to see in a Bucks uni. Thabeet, Harden, Hill, Aminu, Henderson, Mullens, and Monroe. And as much as I hate to admit it, because I hate Duke, unless the Bucks get a really high pick, I would love for them to take Henderson. He has really improved over the last couple of year, and has really impressed me this year.

As for Curry... Unless the Bucks make a run here and don't pick until the late teens or early 20's, there is no way I even consider Curry. A 6'1'' shooting guard will get eaten alive in the NBA. But that's just my opinion.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think Curry is a very underrated passer, but I think bigger guards would just eat him up on the defensive end.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I think Wes Matthews has a chance to be a good pro as well, and he's almost a lock for the second round. It would be great if the Bucks drafted a Marquette player who turned into a good player. It would definitely create a little more excitement considering there are more Marquette fans than Bucks fans.

Mcneal is currently rocking the #74 spot on ESPN's draft coverage and should probably only be discussed in reference to the D-League or Turkish leagues.

I haven't gotten to watch much of the Louisville team this year, does anyone have an opinion on Earl Clark? I know he's inconsistent but his potential length at the 3 along with his shot blocking ability intrigue me

I've been a huge fan of Griffin since I first saw him play last year... and was hoping he'd declare last year and fall to the Bucks. No luck. He is the clear cut #1 pick in the draft, and nobody else is even close. I don't understand how anyone who has seen the guy play can say he's not worth the #1 pick. He's a beast on offense, even though he needs to work on his outside shot. He's an unbelievable rebounder. He has a great NBA body. He's unbelievably athletic. But my favorite characteristic about his is his intensity. There aren't many players that have his talent and his intensity. He gives 110% every second he's on the floor. His D may be suspect, but that's something that people with his athletic ability can vastly improve on with some coaching.

That being said, there are a number of other guys I'd love to have in the draft. Everyone is saying this is a weaker draft, but in my opinion there are a bunch of guys I'd like to see in a Bucks uni. Thabeet, Harden, Hill, Aminu, Henderson, Mullens, and Monroe. And as much as I hate to admit it, because I hate Duke, unless the Bucks get a really high pick, I would love for them to take Henderson. He has really improved over the last couple of year, and has really impressed me this year.

Griffin still has a lot of question marks about his defense. I just don't see Griffin as a legitimate #1 guy like a Lebron, Howard, or Rose type of a player. I still wish the Bucks would have been able to get Mayo in the last draft and somehow have been able to trade Redd for something. I believe Mayo is going to be a superstar in the NBA.

I'm still not sold on Griffin and his defense maybe he will improve his defense and become a great player I'm just not sold on it. I believe the Bucks would be a better team with Griffin but the Bucks would still need a good PG for the team to get over the hump of just making the playoffs and going no where.

I wouldn't worry about defense from a guy like Griffin because of his huge frame. His defense will never be a matter of ability, but a matter of ambition. I'm completely sold on Griffin and I hope that the Thunder get him so they get their home town guy. A nucleus of Westbrook, Green, Durant, and Griffin would be a darn good team for years to come.

Based on pure upside, I would be all over Demar DeRozan. My only question does he want to take a paycut amongst other cut fringe benefits (not the least of which is location) and declare for the draft? I was enamored with him early on, and he would be a ready-made replacement for Redd/Jefferson, if/when we trade them, respectively.

Archived