Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks Thread 2008–2009 (part 1)

danzig6767
Odom really has fallen this year in nearly all of his stats right now he is coming off of the bench. RJ would be an upgrade over Odom this year and I doubt the Lakers would bring Odom back next year so he would be a free agent anyways. This helps the Bucks in salary cap relief for next year and the Bucks would be able to sign Sessions to a longer deal.

I dunno. I think Odom is a better player than RJ. Now I've only watched Lakers' games when their on TNT, ESPN, or ABC, but I think he's been a pretty solid rotation player for them. He's been much more efficient offensively and has an expiring, which is pretty much all that needs to be said about who's more valuable. If Dan Gadzurich was on another team and had Odom's expiring, I'd trade RJ for him in a second. That's how bad the Bucks need to clear at least one of Redd/RJ.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone think the $10 seats in row R-X in the 400 level would be sold out if I went to the Bradley Center like half hour before game time tonight? I'm assuming they wouldn't be but I was just wondering cause I don't want to go down there and then have to spend $24 instead.

Does anyone think the $10 seats in row R-X in the 400 level would be sold out if I went to the Bradley Center like half hour before game time tonight? I'm assuming they wouldn't be but I was just wondering cause I don't want to go down there and then have to spend $24 instead.

There's no way that sells out even on a Friday or Saturday night.

yes, I heard this on Sportscenter last night as I was falling asleep. The Bucks destroyed the Mavericks. Who'd a thunk that? Also, they moved into the #8 spot in the Eastern Conference playoff race. (a bit early for that kinda talk ESPN, isn't it?)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Redd is out for the year. Tore his MCL and ACL. There's a story on the JS about him possibly being out for the year, but rotoworld and Racine Times state he's out for the year. That screws up a lot of things...winning, trading him, etc.

I guess the Redd haters will now see what Milwaukee looks like w/o their best player.
I don't think this has anything to do with the Redd haters. I may be wrong, but I'm guessing that none of the Redd haters were really hoping Redd would go down with a serious knee injury. I guess I could be considered a Redd hater, although I think hate is too strong of a word, and I think this sucks. The Redd haters wanted Redd traded, so something would come back to the team. Now he has no trade value at all, and probably won't until the final year of his contract as an expiring.

Tank job '09 begins. What's the over/under until we see a starting lineup of:

Sessions

Prince

Chucky V (good to showcase the trade bait, and with this lineup, you know he's shooting)

Alexander

Danny Gadz

....because Bogut's back will "force" him to be shutdown for the year around the AS break and RJ should be traded now to the Lakers for Odom to free up some cash for next year.

There is nothing about this that doesn't suck. How many games did we get to see our starting line up out there? This team had a little of what it took to win back some fan base with the possibility of a 6-8 seed in the playoffs. I guess you can't plan on health. Needing sessions to play the 2 limits our ability to move him this year as well. I am too much in shock to think of any sort of good solution right now

Actually, if they REALLY want to tank, I'd trade:

RJ

CV

Ridnour

Bell

for

Marion's expiring deal

Haslem

#1 pick (probably late)

You know Marion is going to be taking EVERY shot, as his big qualm about Miami is how he doesn't get to pad his stat sheet. Looking toward next year, we would have cash, an undersized 4 who would probably fit Skiles' system well, and a pick for Hammond to work some "late draft" magic with.

I'm not a basketball guy in terms of finances, so please correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand it, if the Bucks want to resign CV and Sessions (and I understand that is an if), they need to trade RJ to get his heavy contract off of the books. In Hammond we trust ...

the problem is that i think this team is still a playoff team in the east without Redd assuming that Bogut can stay healthy for the rest of the year. Maybe only a #8, but still it would be an starting place for next year. Of course if the team trades sessions and CV and don't get a decent player back then they are done.

I understand why you do it if you don't think you can bring them back and avoid the luxury tax The team has also made horrible decisions on just about every restricted FA in recent memory.

I'm not a basketball guy in terms of finances, so please correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand it, if the Bucks want to resign CV and Sessions (and I understand that is an if), they need to trade RJ to get his heavy contract off of the books. In Hammond we trust ...
That's correct. Unless Kohl wants to go into the luxury tax to pay for a team that has a max ceiling of 45 wins, which I doubt he wants to do.

Archived