Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks Thread 2008–2009 (part 1)

danzig6767
Is Charlie Villanueva to the Bucks what Rickie Weeks is to the Brewers?
That is a pretty good assessment.

Both are pretty poor at defense

Both have difficulties staying in the starting lineup

Both have major offensive firepower

Both are incredibly inconsistent

The only real difference is that Rickie looks like a normal human being whereas Charlie looks like he is from the plant Gorlock. No offense to him or anything, but he is what he is. I think he has some kind of disease/deficiency/illness but I am not sure on that.

I have been pleasantly suprised so far this year. Despite Jefferson playing pretty crappy, the Bucks are within shouting distance of .500 and are actually in the playoffs as of today. Their next 8-10 games are all very winnable. I am hoping they get atleast 6 wins out of this stretch. Bogut needs to get that back healthy and RJ needs to pick it up. They will get trounced in the 1st round by Boston or Cleveland anyways but they have to start somewhere

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

" I think he has some kind of disease/deficiency/illness but I am not sure on that. "

alopecia areata

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Despite Jefferson playing pretty crappy.
This cannot be emphasized enough. When did this guy turn 40?

Redd has picked it up as of late. He started the game cold last night (he's still seeing and missing a ton of wide open 3's), but he gets to the line and is our best scorer. Nice game for him last night.

Bargnani looked pretty good last night. He'd be a good player if he was used correctly. The Bucks really need a guy like him who can hit open 3's.

Bargnani looked pretty good last night. He'd be a good player if he was used correctly. The Bucks really need a guy like him who can hit open 3's.
Kind of off topic and Bargnani reminded me:

I love Andrew Bogut and all but why couldn't the Bucks have won the lottery the year before or the year after Bogut. I can't imagine how different this team would be if we ended up with LeBron or Dwight Howard. The was a pretty crappy draft outside of Chris Paul and Deron Williams and those two were never projected to be a #1 pick so they were never considered by the Bucks.

Bogut is a very solid player but as far as #1 picks go, we didn't really get #1 pick talent. If it was any other draft Andrew probably would have been in the #4-6 range. I also wonder how much our crappy former coaches stunted his development in his first couple of years.

I love Andrew Bogut and all but why couldn't the Bucks have won the lottery the year before or the year after Bogut. I can't imagine how different this team would be if we ended up with LeBron or Dwight Howard. The was a pretty crappy draft outside of Chris Paul and Deron Williams and those two were never projected to be a #1 pick so they were never considered by the Bucks.

Bogut is a very solid player but as far as #1 picks go, we didn't really get #1 pick talent. If it was any other draft Andrew probably would have been in the #4-6 range. I also wonder how much our crappy former coaches stunted his development in his first couple of years.

I was reading through the postgame thread on RealGM and a guy made a great point. The lottery is a freakin' crapshoot. The Raptors GM is under fire right now, and someone over there said if they didn't "luck" out and win the lottery that year, and rather drafted in the 3-6 range, they would have had a chance to draft a guy like Brandon Roy, who has turned into an elite player. The same could probably be said about the Bucks in 2005 about Chris Paul. A lot of it is being in the right slot at the right time.

So it sounds like the Milwaukee faithful booed Yi tonight in his return to Milwaukee. Way to make me proud Milwaukee.

Can you blame them? He and his posse were trying to get out of Milwaukee all year. Funny thing is, now they're trying to get out of New Jersey.

Can you blame them? He and his posse were trying to get out of Milwaukee all year. Funny thing is, now they're trying to get out of New Jersey.

Why isn't Yi content with the Nets? New Jersey / Brooklyn is just about the largest market he could be playing in.

I was at the game and I thought it was really embarrassing to boo Yi. We traded the guy and he did play his heart out for us last year.

They didnt have Harris obviously but to beat a team like the Nets who were hitting their threes at an incredible clip was really fun to watch. Sessions and LRMAM really put some life into the team. If the Nets are shooting like they probably should have been from deep, that would have been a 15 point win. Without Bogut, there was a whole lot of team rebounding going on. Just a balanced effort that was incredibly exciting. It's actually to the point now where I'm bummed when I know I can't make the next game which is pretty cool

Why isn't Yi content with the Nets? New Jersey / Brooklyn is just about the largest market he could be playing in.

He's not the "star" on the team and wants to play in a warmer climate.

So a little OT but on my flight back to DC yesterday I sat across the row from Herb Kohl. When he was not sleeping, he was reading news about the Grizzlies signing Darius Miles and other NBA news, but I couldn't make the other stuff out. That is all.

According to Gery Woelful of the Racine Journal Times the Bucks might be trading Ramon Sessions and Joe Alexander to the Grizzlies for Mike Conley Jr. and possibly a draft pick, the only thing holding it up is approval by Sen. Kohl.

I loved Conley's game coming out of college, and even though he hasn't been that good so far w/ the Grizz, I think he will eventually be a good NBA player. It's just hard for me to believe that Hammond would trade Alexander this quick. I think there is probably more to this trade.

http://my.journaltimes.com/woelfel-world-of-sports

According to Gery Woelful of the Racine Journal Times the Bucks might be trading Ramon Sessions and Joe Alexander to the Grizzlies for Mike Conley Jr. and possibly a draft pick, the only thing holding it up is approval by Sen. Kohl.

I loved Conley's game coming out of college, and even though he hasn't been that good so far w/ the Grizz, I think he will eventually be a good NBA player. It's just hard for me to believe that Hammond would trade Alexander this quick. I think there is probably more to this trade.

I'm not too sure this is a good deal for us. Conley has looked pretty pedestrian, and I think Ramon is the better player right now and has just as high of a ceiling.

I know Conley is a way better defender, so maybe he'll be able to stop penetration so teams won't get wide open looks from 3.

I'm a die hard Brewer fan and die easy Bucks fan, but I've been starting to pay attention again with Scott Skiles at the helm. I happened to notice this thread and the latest trade rumor and am a little more than baffled. Sessions is one of the reasons I've thought this team was interesting--I happened to catch the game where he dished out 22 assists and have actually watched 10-12 games this year. I was under the impression he was starting to raise eyebrows this year, though he's looked a little unpolished at times. In what world do you trade away your two youngest and most interesting players for one struggling player? If it is there 1st round pick, can anyone speculate at what the Bucks are looking at in the next draft?

edod, if the Bucks did make this trade, I would guess that they'd be looking to find a power forward prospect in the draft. Especially since Charlie Villanueva is a free agent, and Mhah a Moute is more of a small forward. They also could use a higher quality backup C, and SG. Here is a link to the top 100 prospects, and you can read a little about them if you want.

http://www.draftexpress.c...nkings/Top-100-Prospects/

It still wouldn't make sense to play for draft picks next year because they are right in the middle of the playoff hunt, losing Sessions and Alexander and adding Conley would make this team worse IMO.

On a related note, if this rumor is indeed true, it is pretty freakin ridiculous that they need Harb Kohl's approval on this. Stay out of the way Herb. Its not like they are looking to take on a huge contract, its purely a basketball move, and Kohl wouldn't have the faintest idea if it is a good trade or not. He probably has no idea who Conley is.

Losing Alexander wouldn't make us worse. He doesn't even play.

This move also has financial implications. Sessions is an RFA after this year and could get an offer around the MLE. That means he and Alexander would make around $7 million compared to the $3,883,800 Conley will make.

The big mistake was giving Allen and Elson player options next year which combine for $3 million which could've been saved for Sessions.

This trade would be pretty disappointing to me. I'd much rather trade Redd and RJ who are nowhere near worth their salaries.

Archived