Brewer Fanatic

Things to do in Stevens Point

jhartzell2

I haven't been to Point in a few years....but from what I remember, you could play around on Main Street poking into the little shops. Belts, for sure, if it's still open for the season. Best/cheapest (for the combo) ice cream ever. The student union is brand new - you could check that out on campus. Current UWSP students - do they still have some incarnation of the Brewhaus? That was a fun place to chill. There's a dorky little museum inside the campus library. There are lots of disc golf courses, depending on the weather. Again, haven't been there in a few years. But that's how I used to spend my days.

Belts is closed for the season already so don't waste your time trying to find it.

It's funny someone mentioned all the "ski" last names in the phone book...I am one of them, but I was showing a co-worker all of the Polish last names in the phone book earlier this week.

The sad thing is I have lived in the Stevens Point area my whole life and I can't really recommend something for you to do for a few hours on a weekday. It's not that there is nothing to do here, but most of the nice things in the area involve it's parks, the Wisconsin River, the Green Circle trail, and since the weather is getting bad and you are just passing through I really can't recommend them.

If anything I'd recommend going to Grafitti's Sports Bar on Main Street in downtown Stevens Point. It's a nice bar that serves decent food and has some very big screens. I don't know what would be on during the day though.

If you like New York style pizza I'd highly recommend going to Polito's (which is just a couple buildings down from Grafitti's on Main Street). They sell pizza by the slice in a lot of different varieties.

If you would be coming through in another month, a Tilted Kilt is opening up...I'm sure you could sit around there for a few hours and not get bored.

Archived