Brewer Fanatic

04/13/2006 Brewers (Davis) @ Cardinals (Suppan) 12:10 PM CST

JoeH33
  • Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Having Cirillo bunt Clark to 2nd in a 3-3 game with nobody out was such an easy decision, you'd have to be a completely clueless manager to let him swing away.

I know you want to trust your veterans, but at the very least, it was stupid to let him bunt with two outs. (EDIT: er...strikes)

OMG CARLOS!!

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
And as far as the Clark steal goes - I thought it was a dumb idea to send him, but he beat the throw. Miles put his foot down right where Clark's hand was headed so he missed the bag. That's why he was thrown out.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I think it should be pretty clear to all now that you *cant* just plug a rookie (or young player) in place of a veteran and expect them to produce without growing pains.

we have seen the growing pains of prince and rickie so far this year, and the only consistent run producer has been carlos.

think we'd be 6-3 this year with cruz instead of lee?

i dont think so...

Archived