Brewer Fanatic

04/13/2006 Brewers (Davis) @ Cardinals (Suppan) 12:10 PM CST

JoeH33

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We need a win but more importantly we need a start where the starter keeps us in the game so the bats can get going. We were in the Ohka game but he was in trouble all day and Cappy finally gave up the backbreaker. O and some good defense will help as well.

Quote:
We need a win but more importantly we need a start where the starter keeps us in the game ...O and some good defense will help as well.

I will be happy too if we have the starter keep us in the game and also get some good offense and defense. That would be considered playing the complete game. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

It would be nice to salvage a game out of this series. They haven't really played too poorly. Just 2 bad innings have kind of done them in.

As soon as anyone knows if Weeks/Hall is playing let me know as I have both in fantasy and currently have Hall on my bench and Weeks at 2nd, but I have a gut feeling Billy will be in there somewhere.

Quote:
As soon as anyone knows if Weeks/Hall is playing let me know as I have both in fantasy and currently have Hall on my bench and Weeks at 2nd, but I have a gut feeling Billy will be in there somewhere.

Starting lineups should be out in about 30-45min, so just check back here around then. Somebody will post them.

Me: This win will be a great way to salvage the series.

Crowd: Thanks Captain Obvious!

Anyway,

When I found out that Ben was going to be on the DL at the start of the season I said that if we were .500 when he got back I would be very happy. This will make sure that happens. Either way let's hope DD pitches a gem.

Line-ups are posted on USA Today:

CF Clark

2B Cirillo

RF Jenkins

LF Lee

3B Koskie

SS Hall

1B Feilder

C Moeller

P Davis

SS Eckstein

RF Encarnacion

1B Pujols

3B Rolen

CF Edmonds

LF Taguchi

2B Luna

C Bennett

P Suppan

Hardy, Weeks, and Miller with a day off today.

Cards starting Gary Bennett at catcher.

Lets keep the free passes at a minimum today. I'm actually kind of glad of the game time, due to I will not be able much of it and go crazy if the Brewers pull off another one like last night. Anyways, Lets go brewers!

Edit: just saw the lineups. It's nice to see a change to show that the Brewers do have enthusiasm and will do what it takes to win.

just saw the lineups. It's nice to see a change to show that the Brewers do have enthusiasm and will do what it takes to win.

Miller's sitting because it's a day game after a night game, he'll likely sit on Saturday, too. Weeks and Hardy are sitting because Hall and Cirillo could use some AB's to stay sharp. I'd hope either Lee or Jenkins sits on Saturday so Hart can start, too.

The thing I fear, though, is if Lee or Jenkins do get a break in an upcoming game, will Yost even give Hart the start? He's already shown an affinity for using Gabe Gross off the bench. I'm scared that Yost would bench an outfielder, give Gross the start, and let Corey continue to rot on the bench. The guy's gotta get some AB's.

I'm with you on that. I was going to start a thread, but thought better of it so early in the season. Thus far, Ned seems to be using Gross simply because of his handedness, even though it would appear, by minor league numbers, that Hart is a far superior hitter. That's not sound logic, to me at least. I have faith that Gross will slip into that second to last guy on the bench role that he's suited for, and that Hart will rise to the top, like he always has.

Had had a bad feeling about this game before I saw the lineups, and even worse now after seeing them. I don't really see us winning this. Suppan pretty much owns us. I hope the team proves me wrong though.

Quote:
Had had a bad feeling about this game before I saw the lineups, and even worse now after seeing them. I don't really see us winning this. Suppan pretty much owns us. I hope the team proves me wrong though.

I had a bad feeling BEFORE I saw the lineups, but I think with Cirillo and Koskie and Hall in there we can really make Suppan throw a lot of pitches, work the count, and push some runs across the board. It will be important for Prince to stay patient with all that offspeed junk.

DD needs to toss a gem.

I say Brewers head to New York with a 5-2 win today.

I predict Clark will open the game off with a walk and Yost will call for the sacrifice http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I thought the same thing. The Brewers should petition the league to have the position of "DSG" (Designated Sacrifice Guy) created so they can play JC every day, and call upon him every time a productive out is needed.

Anyone know what radio channel this game is on in Madison? I'm listening to 1310 WIBA right now and getting some talk show...not the crew. It's got to be on somewhere...right???

EDIT: Nevermind, found it on 1070.

Archived