Brewer Fanatic

World Series Game 1

brewerjamie15

I'll tell you one thing. I don't recall Philly being so aggressive before. This team is playing extremely aggressive ball. I don't think you could call it small ball, it's nutty ball.

Watching Ryan Howard at first must make Philly fans feel like us when Fielder gaffs one at first.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

TB is awfully lucky this is only a 3-2 game, Philly is crushing them all over the place but have left 9 guys on base and are 0-11 with RISP.

I think there have only been two innings the Phillies have not gotten the lead runner on base.

Remember that ball a Ray popped into the stands? Why in the name of baseball did those fans allow Ryan Howard to reach into the stands and catch that ball? I'm sorry, but I'm in that situation and it's -my- team that pops one into my area of reach, no player from the other team is getting it.

but Howard caught the ball in the field of play, if I remember correctly. He was against the wall, sure, but wasn't leaning into the stands. So, if a fan had interfered, it would have been an out anyways (well, likely at least, since the ump was right there on top of things). I understand what you are saying but I think it would have been called an out anyways.

By the way, the reason you are the only one posting here is because there is already a thread about the post-season that has been used for all games since the Crew was eliminated, and pretty much everybody has posted there about the games. I agree that a separate World Series thread is warranted, however.

link to other post-season thread.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'm pretty sure Howard was leaning into the first row to get that ball, if not, you're right fan interference is not cool.

I see the thread you are referring to but this should be the spot for an IGT. I just assumed that thread in the ML forum was to be all inclusive for conversation about non individual games.

Ryan Howard has been absolutely atrocious tonight, though most of the Phillies haven't been much better. Howard has had men in scoring position (including twice with a man on third and 1 out) and hasn't driven any of them in, struck out twice and butchered a play at first base. Yet the Phillies go to the bottom of the 9th with the lead.

Archived