Brewer Fanatic

Wisconsin Winter Weather Thread 08-09 Version

RyDogg66
So yeah I had to drive to and from UW River Falls from FDL on Saturday in the middle of the snowstorm. That may have been one of the longest days of my life. I had no feeling in my extremeties since I was gripping the wheel so tight. That drive is long enough as it is, when you add snow, wind, and semi's who think they are immune to weather conditions; it makes for about a 10 hour drive home.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So yeah I had to drive to and from UW River Falls from FDL on Saturday in the middle of the snowstorm. That may have been one of the longest days of my life.
I went to college there and got stuck driving the length of highway 29 in a blizzard once. Really a nasty drive in a blizzard. 4 hours in nice weather, took me almost double that.

Yikes. So I've got to travel through Madison from central Illinois to Wausau and I've got the option of leaving tonight around 6 or tomorrow morning around 6. When is this storm supposed to start? I'd prefer to head out tomorrow since leaving tonight won't get us there until midnight or later.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Yikes. So I've got to travel through Madison from central Illinois to Wausau and I've got the option of leaving tonight around 6 or tomorrow morning around 6. When is this storm supposed to start? I'd prefer to head out tomorrow since leaving tonight won't get us there until midnight or later.

Looks like the bulk of the snow will be Wednesday, so it sounds like you'll be okay Tuesday based on the Madison forecast.

You meant to put that in blue, right?

I'm starting to think we won't be able to make the Kenosha Christmas Eve.

Whoops, yes I did.

About the only redeeming factor of this weather is that in between the snow storms we're getting sunny days. May not seem like much, but it makes a huge difference in my sanity.

Deja Vu All Over Again-More Snow

Hall of Fame Yankee Catcher Yogi Berra once said "It's Deja Vu all over again."

Mother nature seems to have a memory for the white stuff, and is going to put another blanket of snow over southern Wisconsin once again by Wednesday.

3 to 5 inches of snow are expected by Tuesday. After a brief break Tuesday night, another 4 to 7 inches are anticipated Wednesday. Low pressure is expected to take the ideal track from Missouri to central Illinois and lower Michigan by Wednesday evening. This favors heavy snow over southern Wisconsin.

So far this month, 30.1 inches of snow has fallen in Madison. The record for the month of December is 35.0 inches set in 2000. Given the current snowfall forecast, we expect that record to be broken either Tuesday or Wednesday.

The record snowfall for the month of December at Milwaukee is 49.5 inches, which was also set in 2000. With Milwaukee's total also at 30.1 inches for this month, that record is not yet in jeopardy of being erased.

Per the NWS.

Community Moderator

The two day Tuesday-Wednesday storm will likely bring storm totals over 10 inches again to most of Southern Wisconsin.

Then...it's going to get really warm by Friday, with flooding possible by Saturday.

Fortunately, I will be in Florida next weekend and will finally catch a break from this weather!

Community Moderator
I wish I was getting out of here on Tuesday, but we're driving to the Champs Sports Bowl leaving on Friday morning--and with more snow predicted Thursday night before it changes to rain, I'm worried about not getting there in time.

The timing of this latest snow fall is pretty bad. We're supposed to be leaving tomorrow to go up north to see the wife's family for Christmas. Not sure if that will even be possible with all the snow we're supposed to be getting between today and tomorrow.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Yeah, the scene outside our window here is utterly picture-postcard...but we are expected in Kenosha tonight.

We have two less than stellar choices for how to spend the afternoon/evening (drive through this, or skip a great meal and fun gathering).

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived