Brewer Fanatic

Wisconsin Winter Weather Thread 08-09 Version

RyDogg66
  • Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Borrowed my friends snowblower to get rid of this white crap. Broke it, swore a bunch of times, bought a part to fix it, and got rid of more of the white crap. Man, this winter is going to be a long one if these trends keep going...
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Community Moderator
obsessedwithbrewcrew may not have to shovel, but I'd say it was spoken more like a true meteorology student. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
Exactly :-)

Although...when I was visiting colleges, the professor at St. Louis University told me that he absolutely hated snow. Needless to say, I decided not to go to school there.

In my defense, I did have to shovel out my girlfriend's car, but it only took about a half hour and it got unstuck on the first try.

We're going to get some snow today and tonight up in north central Wisconsin. Right now, the piles from the plow are lower than knee-high.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Right now, the piles from the plow are lower than knee-high.
I'm tempted to scoff. In our neighborhood, some terrace piles are nearing my height (5' 4"). Plow piles on Friday were a couple of feet high.

As of 6:00 tonight, Madison's official total snowfall for December was 33.1 inches. 1.9 inches to tie the December record (which may have already happened since 6:00).

It'd be helpful if we could actually travel to our intended destination (Kenosha) on Christmas Eve. The S.O.'s family is nice, but they're not likely to reschedule just for us.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I snow-blowed the plow at my parent's house yesterday (they went up north to "get away" before X-mas...leaving my sis who is home from Alabama U. at home alone. WHY THE HELL CAN'T SHE START THE SNOW-BLOW??? But I digress. I'm a good big bro). Anyway, TWICE the plow buried the driveway, but I got my revenge the second time as I blew some snow at HIM as he went by, unfortunately only getting his passenger side windshield and a bit of his passenger door. I went by the house today...to find the driveway has about 3-4' of snow blocking the driveway! Plow drivers in the cold, blustery winter are like doctors, with their God-complexes, except without the Hypocratic Oath. Treat them like lawyers and send them all to the bottom of the ocean. And yes, this is only because I am deathly afraid of what I'm going to find tomorrow after our deity finishes going #2 on Green Bay.

I feel your pain. I worked my butt off to clear the waist-high pile at the end of the driveway before I expected someone at 10AM....when they left at 11:30 the plow managed to put another knee-high drift in its place. In the morning I need to call in all the cars that are parked on teh wrong side of the street, causing the plow to put the extra on my side instead. Someone, please by my house quickly. I'm sick of snow removal.

The snow piles are getting so high that it is becoming dangerous to turn left or right on roads because you can't hardly see if a car is coming or not. And the piles in parking lots are so big that it is taking up many parking places. If January and February are like this we are so screwed again this winter.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I'm tempted to scoff.

I spent most of the first part of December in Milwaukee, so I've been in the snow more than out of it.

Regarding being plowed in, in town anyway, I finally learned that if you take the snow blower right out into the street and clear about 30 feet x 5 feet in the direction the snow plow comes from, the pile at the end of the driveway is minimized. Doing that is a lot less work than dealing with the pile.

Here in rural nowhere, I wait for my neighbor to clear me out with his ATV. That works almost all the time. There were a couple times last year that I had to call a plow, though.

How are the temperatures? It was 20 below here this morning.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

woo wee! that was fun--snow blowing the drifts and plowage (I named it "Leviathon") at the foot of the driveway in -30 degree wind chills this morning.

When is our flight back home? Not until the 31st????? Darn it all, anyway!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Shouldn't that read

"My soon to be on the market house is well suited for this weather, and because of it's small size it is suprisingly affordable to heat. Also it has an easy to shovel driveway, polite neighbors, and plow drivers who care."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

This is really starting to suck. The Janesville/Madison commute isn't so bad, but the 30 mph or less I'm forced to go because of weather seemingly 3 nights out of 5 is making it a long haul.

Friday morning was downright awful. First, I had to find a passable on-ramp to I-90 somewhere in Janesville, which took 20 minutes, and then the 90 from Janesville to Madison was literally one lane, about 25 mph the whole way. That was actually kind of nice, because with it being just one lane right down the middle, there was no way for the semi drivers to try to pass at 50+ in horribly unsafe conditions.

I left at 4:45 am, and got to my workplace on Junction Road at 6:45. The funny thing is that the supervisors in my department were getting upset with the Madison people who weren't making it in, when I had made the drive from Janesville.

I went to bed last night thinking I'd need to snow blow in the morning. I woke up and stepped out the door heading for work, I saw that the 300 mile an hour winds blew the snow right out of the driveway. Unfortunately, my lungs immediately freeze dried. I had never actually seen "liquid air" before today, so that was kind of neat.
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Archived