Brewer Fanatic

04/14/2006 Brewers (Capuano) @ Mets (Glavine) 6:10 PM CST

Team Canada
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well you can't win them all.

I really hate this phrase also, its the sign of someone content with finishing 500

If we go like 3 games under 500 on this trip you will hear.

"It coulda been worse" I guarantee. Sometimes i think these fans think we actually can make the postseason when we are mathematically eliminated.

I don't think that we will see jenkins moved down. I think it is to early to move prince up. He is responding well to being in the lower part of the batting order. I think that we are just going to have to ride out Jenkins steaky hitting again. Hopefully he can turn it around like he did last year. Either way this is a tough lost and here's to winning the next two.

Quote:
Just like the bucks early on they won every close game they had like the best record in the nba in games decided by 5 points or less.

Yet they were winning those close games on miracle comeback and half court buzzer beaters.

Just like the crew this wont continue.

Yet again they are SHUTDOWN by a the starter.

FYI, I have yet to see you add one constructive comment anywhere on this forum. Being the grinch gets old after awhile.

I think we can all see that the offense is struggling, the only thing to do after 10 games in wait and see if it improves. You can't learn anything after 10 games. The Brewers have gone 1-3 vs. probably the two best teams in the NL - it isnt like we've been losing to teams that are expected to win 70 games.

Wow what a disfunctional "family" we have here. This IGT was surprisingly negative for a team that's 6-4 and a game out of first. Apparently some of you ppl think this team is supposed to win 120 games for some odd reason.

Poor Jenks. I doubt he reads these but if he did what you think he would be thinking? Aren't these guys supposed to be my fans? Jenks has now only had 3 ABs with runners in scoring position but yet it seems like some of you expect him to have 10 rbis already. Coming into today he had a OBP of .359. Not great but alright for a guy who clearly hasn't found his groove yet. Calling for him to be moved down in the order or sat against lefties with fewer then 50 ABs under his belt is just crazy.

Enjoy this ppl. We have a ball club with a winning record that isn't hitting worth a damn yet. They held probably the best offense in the majors right now to 4 runs (3 earned). Still 152 games left to go.

I swear reading this IGT thread made me think we had the pirates record right now. Kinda sad how some of you are behaving.

Quote:
I looked at the Yahoo Boxscore and they didn't have Glavine as the winning pitcher. How is that? Didn't he leave after 6 innings with a 4-1 lead and the crew never tied it back up.

Good catch. ESPN also has Heilman as the winner in their box score. What's up with that? Has to be a mistake....

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

We havent faced great pitching by anymeans throught the entire sesason.

Oliver pereze got sla slammed last start in his home park

Victor Santos? come on man

russ ortiz? lol

Did we even face carpenter?

We killed glavine last two years today?

You act like were facing great pitching every day

Quote:
I swear reading this IGT thread made me think we had the pirates record right now. Kinda sad how some of you are behaving.

The thing is, record doesn't mean anything at this point. I saw those first 5 games. They looked a lot like these second 5 games. Brewers are just not playing good baseball offensively yet. No early leads, no big rallies, and lots of strikeouts.

I'm not going to "just enjoy" a winning record that looks like a complete fluke. As a fan, I'm going to critique the team. Scratching and clawing to a 5-0 headstart (barely beating the Bucs and D'backs at home) and then dropping 4 of 5 is not something I fool myself into being content with. Not with the way they're hitting through 1/16th of the season.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

No need to get ticked...I only root for the brewers.

I do have him in at least 1 league, but I also have Cap in the same league so I was rooting for Cap.....I'd never root against the brewers for a fantasy league.....but, since the brewers already lost...I checked the box to see what stats I picked up....Jenkins let me down again....and Glavine w/o the W was strange.

Anyway, I am interested why Glavine didn't get the W (I have plenty of Brewers between the leagues so if the Brewers do well I do well).

Oh I wasn't saying you would be rooting against the Crew if you had Glavine starting. I just meant I'd be pissed if I were you and had Glavine starting and not only did he beat the Brewers but for some reason didn't get the win.

Quote:
The thing is, record doesn't mean anything at this point. I saw those first 5 games. They looked a lot like these second 5 games. Brewers are just not playing good baseball offensively yet. No early leads, no big rallies, and lots of strikeouts.

(EDIT: forgot a game, totals actually better) 6, 16, 6, 4, 12, 4, 10, 9, 8, and 9. Those are the hit totals of the first 10 games. An average of 8.4 hits per game and a median of 8 hits per game. This while we're clearly struggling at the plate (Clark, Jenks, Rickie, Hall, Miller are all imo not hitting as well as they are capable of this point---that's half our lineup). Not bad. The point is the timely hits will come and the rallies. Also keep in mind pitching tends to be a lot more consistent then hitting and the brewers pitching has been great thus far and with Sheets coming back it will be even better.

---oops forgot something. record means nothing at this point? please explain.

Quote:
I'm not going to "just enjoy" a winning record that looks like a complete fluke. As a fan, I'm going to critique the team. Scratching and clawing to a 5-0 headstart (barely beating the Bucs and D'backs at home) and then dropping 4 of 5 is not something I fool myself into being content with. Not with the way they're hitting through 1/16th of the season.

Do you honestly think this offense is always gonna be this bad? We're 6-4 with the offense struggling. I'm encouraged by this.

Good God...reading this IGT sucked!

Is there any way we can have a whole seprate forum for the "sky is falling" posters? I don't want to read that stuff two weeks into the season, nor do the majority of the posters here I'm sure.

The Brewerfan IGT used to be a great read, win or lose. Now it seems that there is more bickering and in-fighting than actual game discussion at times. Tonight it was only a few posters causing the problems. I can understand frustration when the team doesn't perform well, but getting on other posters for being obtimistic at the same time is overstepping your bounds. I'm sure these posters know who they are.

If these IGT's continue down the same path they have the last few days, they are going to lose readership (at least mine). I'm not saying that posts (or posters) need to be censored, but I've always valued this site in its ability to weed out the jerks, those who fly off the handle too easily and end up insulting others, and those who couldn't form a coherent argument if their lives depended on it. I don't believe that this forum should only be open to Brewer apologists, but I don't appriciate, as I'm sure many here don't either, the unsubstantiated negativity that reared its ugly head tonight. Guys, go punch a wall or something. Don't start arguments with dedicated Brewer fans about how you think the team sucks.

Quote:
The point is the timely hits will come and the rallies.

Yeah, but this was said all through 2004. And then it was said all through 2005. You seem to have a ton of confidence that the RISP hitting is going to improve a lot. I hope you're right. I just have no reason to put blind faith in that belief.

Quote:
---oops forgot something. record means nothing at this point? please explain.

Well, a 6-4 record doesn't mean anything because the season is 162 games long, not 10. At this point, it's just a potentially misleading figure if we're not playing good ball. Taking everything into account, the team I've seen in the first 10 games looks like a team that will lose more games than it wins.

Quote:
Well, a 6-4 record doesn't mean anything because the season is 162 games long, not 10. At this point, it's just a potentially misleading figure if we're not playing good ball. Taking everything into account, the team I've seen in the first 10 games looks like a team that will lose more games than it wins.

You really think a team that is probably a top 5 pitching staff in the NL is going to lose more games then it wins?

The brewers have a winning record and they are struggling offensively. Ok we've been lucky to this point. Great we were lucky! When half of the lineup gets its act together we won't have to be lucky anymore.

Quote:
Yeah, but this was said all through 2004. And then it was said all through 2005. You seem to have a ton of confidence that the RISP hitting is going to improve a lot. I hope you're right. I just have no reason to put blind faith in that belief.

Well I'm of the belief this offense will be better then it has been the last two years. Maybe you're not. I mean if half the lineup is struggling and we're putting up 8 hits a game imagine what things are gonna be like when the bats heat up.

The hope for posters who didn't enjoy the negativity of the IGT today is this...

Last year we had only 5 stretches of losing at least 4 of 5 like the stretch we are in now. Like it or not, dropping 4 out of 5 will almost assuredly bring out the negativity every time.

Archived