Brewer Fanatic

Conspiracy Theories

paul253
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The presence or absence of "physical remains" is a wholly different matter. "Physical remains" means body parts, or fossils of body parts. Though mammals may leave tracks, scats and hairs behind, they do not leave body parts behind very often. Body parts of mammals are only available when they die. Thus availability of physical remains is initially determined by population size and lifespan.
Body parts, no, you won't find those. A dead deer in the woods can completely decompose to be unrecognizable in a forest or swamp with days, not weeks. However, there should at least be some bone fragments. As no great ape has ever been found in the North American fossil record, the existence of a bigfoot in the Pacific Northwest remains extremely unlikely.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I wrote a paper in high school linking FDR to Peal Harbor. I was in no way saying he was responsible for it, but there is a lot of compelling evidence that he knew it was going to happen and did nothing to prevent it besides moving some ships to lessen the damage.

Would you mind, if you can remember, sharing some of those links? I'm curious now.

As far as UFO's go....the problem with the arguments I've seen are that a) i would go as far as to say the majority of the people who report them are very credible sources, especially military pilots, cops, and a few months ago an astronaut. b) a lot of the reports, especially by the military, say these objects do things that are far, far beyond our technological capacity...things like going from basically hovering to 10,000 mph in a matter of seconds. Also too, I brought up before from the original link, why would the British military order a US pilot to shoot down their own experimental aircraft?

When I hear the argument that surely someone would talk, i think of the the witness protection program where people basically disappear to eveyone. It is possible, as that program has shown, to do something and not tell why, or even acknowledge that you do it. People who do these things, if they do, for a very specific reason, and only the people who absolutely have to know are included. I would assume the people that have to know have more than enough reasons to keep their mouthes shut, otherwise it kind of defeats the purpose of doing what you did. Beside, let's say you come forward and say....yeah i helped coverup the JFK assassination. Is anyone really going to believe you? After Malcolm X was killed, someone from, I believe his group, claimed he was going to have a press conference showing evidence that the true killers were from Washington not from the rival group. Within a day or two the guy who said that was dead, with heart failure or something being ruled the official cause of death. Quite the coincidence.

Would you mind, if you can remember, sharing some of those links? I'm curious now.

This was back in the day when I was forced to use the library system for references. I will look around and see what I can find though, as I am sure someone has researched this and put it online also in the 10 years or so since I wrote it.

I had to write a conspiracy theory paper in high school, and I found a decent amount of evidence supporting the theory that AIDS was created by the US government. Now, being a senior in high school I probably wasn't as critical of my sources as I am now as a grad student, and I don't have the paper anymore. It was an interesting stuff to research though. Here's the link to a wikipedia article. This is really controversial, even offensive stuff - but it's someone's theory.

There's plenty of justifiable skepticism, of course, but I have yet to hear an argument that would rule out the possibility, and have heard some compelling arguments to the plausibility of their existence. There's plenty more interesting things on the BRFO.net site. Even just reading the FAQ. (And then balance that by reading some of the skeptic's articles somewhere.)
Rule out the possibility of invisible, flying, silent dragons in your room right now. Okay, now rule out the possibility of their existence anywhere.

Is that reason to believe it?

EDIT: If you want, put unicorns, fairies, leprechauns, etc in for the dragons. It's all the same. You can't make a conclusion and then attempt to find evidence to support it. You need to take what evidence you have, and what you know and/or can reason, and then go with the most logical choice.

To respond to the thread: If you can't guess by the way I responded above, I don't believe in any of the common conspiracies/monsters that are prevalent in today's society.

EDIT 2: If I were to find out about one specific possibility/question, it would be "Do any supernatural things actually exist?"

The pyramids in Egypt were built by flying eyeballs. This is partially documented on the back of $1 bills.

Didn't you see 10,000 BC? They were built by wooly mammoths. Duh. The flying eyeballs merely 'blessed' them.

Probably long out of print, but I think some here would like the Big Book of Conspiracies by DC Comics' now defunct Piranha Press. Worth looking around places like Half Price Books for. An ideal bathroom book.

I wouldn't be shocked if Bigfoot did exist, but I'm certainly skeptical. And I get more skeptical every year with the spread of cell phones with cameras and still no hard evidence.

Obviously, seeing objects in the sky that people can't identify happens. And I suspect that many of those sitings are military/experimental in nature. Little grey aliens that are interested in probing people in the sticks is where I draw the line though.

I'm somewhat fond of the more plausible conspiracy theory. The Chaplin/Davies/Hearst/Ince affair being one that I find particularly plausible. I don't believe the Dr. William Gull/Freemasons/Jack the Ripper conspiracy, but I at least find it possible if implausible.

Robert

Obviously, seeing objects in the sky that people can't identify happens. And I suspect that many of those sitings are military/experimental in nature. Little grey aliens that are interested in probing people in the sticks is where I draw the line though.
Exactly. If these aliens have really been scouting earth and doing these "probes" for decades, even centuries, shouldn't they have gathered enough evidence to decide if they're going to attack us or announce their presence and try to communicate with us on a mass sacle? Kids in the Hall did a skit making fun of that years ago.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Making any assumptions on what an alien race would want to do with us is like guessing the correct number between 1 and 10,000. You just dont know.

Anyway, I jsut want to quick go over some facts about the Jim Morrison death, not that i care at all about it, just to kind of show a perspective on a conspiracy theory.

He died in 1971 while on vacation in Paris with his g/f, who found him dead in the bathtub. He was buried 2 days later in front of 5 friends. The cause of death was listed as a heart attack.

Nobody but his g/f ever saw his dead body. Morrisons friends and family were never given an oppurtunity to view it. There was no police report, no autopsy, and the g/f said she didnt remember the name of the Dr. who signed the death certificate.

His g/f, when filing for a death certificate at the US Embassy claimed he had no living relatives, even though he did.

The death was kept secret by his friends for 6 days. The Doors road manager told the media he died of natural causes and said nothing more.

At the time of his death, Morrison's life was a mess. He was in the process of appealing some charges in Miami and faced jail if the appeal failed. Over 20 paternity suits were pending against him, and he had been busted by the FBI for being drunk and disorderly on an airplane and was facing charges for that. He had been saying for years he was sick of his life as a rock star and wanted out. He claimed he wanted to start over anonymously so he could write in peace.

Someone started a rumor that he had visited a Paris hangout earlier in the evening and obtained heroin, which, mixed with alcohol, is what supposedly caused the heart attack. Yet for all of the drugs he was known to ingest, none of his friends ever mentioned heroin, and Morrison was even afraid of needles.

Morrison repeated talked about Paris and apparently thought that it was a place where he could be himself and not have people hound him.

Finally, the lack of police report and autopsy means a doctor could very easily have been bribed to sign the death certificate. Why didnt he come out with it eventually? Maybe he didnt know whos certifcate he was signing.

Weak? Maybe....again, not saying i believe it, just saying that those are the facts that I have seen that make up this theory.

Haha....i got the facts out of Uncle John's Legendary Lost Bathroon Reader. Don't worry, I'm sure they got their facts from a dependable source, they actually have a lot of very good facts and stories too, and this edition has some evidence about Marilyn Monroe and Elvis.

UFO's are what they are Unidentified Flying Objects. Why people associate UFO's with aliens I don't really get most UFO's are military planes and natural phenomenons. I believe that Hollywood and the media have portrayed UFO's as being something from another planet and has now become the perception that if you see a UFO it must be an alien space ship flying around and if anyone says they have seen a UFO they are a crazy lunatic that believes that aliens are abducting them and doing weird experiments to them.

As for aliens or other beings from another planet. I sure hope there are other beings in the galaxy I don't want to believe that we are the only intelligent living things in the universe if so that is one big waste of space. I don't think it is practical for other beings to be visiting here though. Maybe they are sending probes to planets like we are and are looking at the worlds and trying to find other forms of life. If this is so I would bet it would take billions of years depending on where in the solar system they were at to even communicate with us let alone even visit here.

This recent Chupacabra video is pretty intriguing.

I thought La Chupacabra was supposed to be some form of a flying creature... this looked like a small dog.

For my own conspiracy thoughts... I think JFK was murdered through an organized effort, not one random gunman (who claimed before his own murder, "I'm just a patsy"). The following is from the "Kennedy assassination conspiracy theories" Wikipedia page:

Former U.S. Marine snipers Craig Roberts and Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock, (who was the senior instructor for the U.S. Marine Corps Sniper Instructor School at Quantico, Virginia) both said it could not be done as described by the FBI investigators. "Let me tell you what we did at Quantico," Hathcock said. "We reconstructed the whole thing: the angle, the range, the moving target, the time limit, the obstacles, everything. I don't know how many times we tried it, but we couldn't duplicate what the Warren Commission said Oswald did. Now if I can't do it, how in the world could a guy who was a non-qual on the rifle range and later only qualified 'marksman' do it?"[12][/sup]

I know hardly anything about ballistics or weaponry, so I don't pretend to be able to speculate on these things. However, I've encountered enough evidence/testing on the supposed manner in which JFK was killed, and things just don't add up. I don't know what the real answer is to the question 'How did JFK die?', but I'm fairly certain that the 'historically recorded' way is pretty far from the truth.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Penn and Teller also did a reenactment on their show and were able to pull it off rather easily. They also proved that why the magic bullet theory actually works is because the car was moving, so the bullet actually does travel in a relatively straight line, not the zig-zag manner that is depicted by drawn mock up.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
You mean Jack Ruby.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I think you mean Jack Ruby. He was an admirer of Kennedy, and may have been under the influence of certain drugs when he decided to shoot Oswald. He died in prison, probably of natural causes. He was a small time nightclub owner, so I don't think there was probably anything more to it than that.

Archived