Brewer Fanatic

JSonline Feature: WI Drinking Issues

jaybird2001wi
Am I the only one that had a dad that routinely had 1-3 stout drinks a night when he got home kept his job, raised his kids, stayed married to his wife and was a great father. Actually I don't think I was because I had about 5 uncles that were exactly the same way. Drinking is definitely in the culture and I don't understand what the problem is exactly. Yes there are idiots that think they need to drink the bar everytime and think they are superman. But there are extremists in every group.
My dad has been getting drunk or buzzed every night since i was a little kid. That's roughly 30 straight years of it, thankfully his liver has held up and somehow his overall health isn't to bad from all that abuse. The weird thing is i've been places with him where he's drinking and after only a few beers, i can start hearing a bit of slurring in his voice. You could inject 3-4 beers right into my blood stream and i wouldn't feel anything even though i only drink a couple times a month. I would have thought he'd have built up a high tolerance.

Archived