Brewer Fanatic

MLB Network (merged: Costas to the MLB Network); see reply #188ish

BrewCrewForever
Also, Barry Bonds was as skinny as Dustin Diamond.

Yeah, I'd seen plenty of pictures and remembered how he looked in his younger days, but there really is no comparison between Barry of that era and Barry of a couple years ago, especially seeing it on video.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They're back to showing a game from the 1989 ALCS. Of course, camera work keeps improving, but it is so nice to watch a game without music, sound effects, and odd visual effects.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

My next question would be: Are there other tv's or cable boxes or modems?

If there are it could be a problem with a splitter. I would try to eliminate all the splitters and hook up to the straight line. If that fixes it run to the home depot and buy a new splitter and you're on your way.

FINALLY got mine working. Time Warner sent a tech out and I had a signal problem. Something the splitters, but whatever it works now! I love it, can't wait to be able to watch Hot Stove weeknights now.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying

Glad you got it going.

I am happy with it. I was a little annoyed the day of the Hoffman signing. The first segment on Hot Stove was Milton Bradley, then Red Sox signing Smoltz (complete with Trenni in Boston), then a Brewers mention at the update desk. Then an interview with Pedroia since we were so short on Sox coverage. Wrapped it up with a segment on the nl central. Brewers could be a dark horse, Cubs favorite to win the penant and World Series.

I guess those stories are at least as important as Hoffman, but I was hoping for a little more.

I still have problems where I get messages saying it is unavailable. Sometimes resetting my box fixes it, sometimes it doesn't, very annoying. I'll probably end up replacing the box since their hardware generally stinks but I hope it isn't anything more sinister in my cables or anything. Works like a charm on the other TV every time.

Did anyone catch the documentary of the 1982 Brewers on MLB Network this past weekend? I didn't catch the name of the program, but I assume it was the Harvey Wallbanger's DVD, which I had not seen before. Glad to see the Brewers get some coverage.

I'm enjoying the heck out of MLB Network, it's been on my TV every day since it's release.

I turned it on finally last night while heading to bed. The only thing on was "Prime 9". It was the episode that apparently was Baseball's characters. I only saw #2 (Yogi Berra) and #1 (Casey Stengel) before going off the air for another episode; this time Baseball's best single season pitching performance. #10 S. Carlton 1972 #9 Ron Guidry 1978 #8 Christy Mathewson 1912 (I think, I started dozing by now), #7 Greg Maddux 1995; that's all, I was asleep by then.

But it was pretty nice to see baseball anything on television in the middle of January.

Sometime I'll check out their other programming.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Andre Dawson won his MVP with the Cubs. Does he identify himself as a Cub? He was pretty darn good with the Expos. Just as good. I have a couple of Cubbie friends who are offended he didn't get in. I agree with them. It's just they are Cubs fans and act like he ONLY played for that craptacular team.

/sorry for the rant but Hot Stove has been getting me worked up

//i prefer to think of Dawson as an Expo/Cub

• 3 weeks later...
I have always been a big Costas fan. I was psyched when I heard he was joining the network. His own show "MLB Network Studio 42 with Bob Costas" will be great and the fact that he is gonna call play-by-play for some select games is even better. Always loved him as a game caller.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Is Time Warner going to pick up the HD feed? I don't see it on my guide yet.

I have not seen it either. However, I swear sometimes when they are doing the studio show, the picture quality almost appears to be HD.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Anyone catch the other night when Matt Vasgersian was hosting the Hot Stove show and on his panel he had Harold Reynolds, Barry Larkin and Mitch Williams and when he went around asking who they thought should be a 100% vote-getter for the Hall of Fame Williams said, "Lee Smith" and Vasgersian just seemed to lose it calling Williams "Nuts" several times as they went off the air?

Rp

I haven't seen enough of this channel to say that this is 100% applicable. But one of my initial impressions was that the personalities were very good about letting the topic of discussion carry them--and not making themselves more important than the subject at hand. This observation even applied to Harold Reynolds. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

On-screen personalities calling each other "nuts" is one of the reasons that my ESPN viewing has dwindled over the years. Defend your argument with facts, people.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived