Brewer Fanatic

MLB Network (merged: Costas to the MLB Network); see reply #188ish

BrewCrewForever
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just tried to watch it for the first time and it turns out it is on the Comcast Sports Tier in the Twin Cities. Oh well.

Weird. I have Comcast in the Chicago area and I get the channel. You'd think it would be standard across their entire platform, regardless of region.

Just tried to watch it for the first time and it turns out it is on the Comcast Sports Tier in the Twin Cities. Oh well.

Weird. I have Comcast in the Chicago area and I get the channel. You'd think it would be standard across their entire platform, regardless of region.

It's not. I have a friend in New England who can't get it in his suburb because Comcast "doesn't have enough bandwidth" to add channels. His buddy in an adjacent suburb gets it. All the more reason to switch to DirecTV or Dish.

Twin Cities Comcast users: MLB is on channel 272, which makes it look like it's in the sports tier, but it's available to anyone subscribed to Digital Classic.

If you live in the Cities and can't get it even though you have Classic, call Comcast...this shouldn't be working that way.

I'm miffed at TWC right now... set the DVR to record the first part of "Baseball" last night. Had never seen it so I recorded the whole series.

Cut off after 6 minutes. Of course, they're not replaying it.

ARGH.

Not sure if I would be more miffed at TWC or The Baseball Network. They replay Game 5 from the 2008 WS (or whatever game it was) 10 times (ok...might be a bit of an exaggeration), but they only show this once?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Not sure if I would be more miffed at TWC or The Baseball Network. They replay Game 5 from the 2008 WS (or whatever game it was) 10 times (ok...might be a bit of an exaggeration), but they only show this once?

They own the rights to the playoff games, they have to pay to air Baseball. That's likely the difference. I'd also like to see the classic Home Run Derby shown on here (although I own the entire series boxset) for younger fans who may have never seen them. Also it would be nice if they aired some of those cool team yearbooks that teams do, maybe spend a couple hours of a day on a specific player from the past (this could go endlessly) by featuring a video feature on them and a game or two that they stood out in. Maybe a better roundtable discussion show with sportswriters (aside from the hot stove), a fantasy baseball show (wouldn't doubt that it's in the works).... more classic games aside from one game being re-run 5 times a week...

Other than that it's great, I've spent a considerable amount of time watching the station since it first went live.

Rp

They are running the Baseball documentary every Tuesday for the next 9 weeks. So they are treating it like a weekly TV and building it as a lead in to Spring Training, I believe. Ken Burns was on Hot Stove league Monday. He has produced a "10th inning" which will air sometime this year as well. The new episode will pick up at the end of 1992 and go through to the 2008 World Series.

FINALLY got mine working. Time Warner sent a tech out and I had a signal problem. Something the splitters, but whatever it works now! I love it, can't wait to be able to watch Hot Stove weeknights now. Enjoying the classic games. A little to much Red Sox stuff on this weekend.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

They're showing the Game 5 of the 1989 ALCS right now...the one where Canseco hit one into the fourth deck at the Skydome. Man, I forgot how good the old A's teams were. There's two more games from the late 80s/early 90s on tonight, which I love because that's the era when I really started watching a lot of baseball. So far, this network is very solid. I can see myself watching nothing but this and the NFL network (when I'm not watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia).

I'd also like to see the classic Home Run Derby shown on here (although I own the entire series boxset) for younger fans who may have never seen them.

Rp

We were in Cooperstown last summer and my son purchased one of the Classic HR derby's DVDs from the gift shop (I can't remember who's on it...I know Hank Aaron is one of them). He loves it. He gets a kick out of how stiff the announcers are.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived