Brewer Fanatic

MLB Network (merged: Costas to the MLB Network); see reply #188ish

BrewCrewForever
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John Heyman said on the Hot Stove tonight (probably belongs on rumor page) that he believes the Brewers could get in on Lowe, who by the way is looking for 16 mil per season. Do we have that money to spend?

I only see the customer service number on channel 122 in Milwaukee. I just got off the phone with Time Warner and I was told that, despite watching it as a part of the digital access package for the last two days, I would now need to pay an additional $4.95 for Time Warner's sports package. I was also told this applies to the southern part of the state, specifically Milwaukee, and doesn't apply to the north. Anyone else hear something similar?

I would now need to pay an additional $4.95 for Time Warner's sports package.

It sounds like a mistake. Quoth MLB Network:

MLB Network will be broadly distributed across 43 cable and satellite systems on expanded digital basic cable or the equivalent

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Woah, I'm getting the same stupid error. Is this another attempt by TWC to nickle and dime us to death? ATT needs to hurry up so I can ditch TWC. Incase it's an area issue, I'm in Shorewood. I also can't get onto Science Channel HD.

I called them, they said I have to get either digital (Apparently I just have digital access) or buy the sports package. So thats another 5 - 10 bucks a month. Guess I won't bother till around the time of the season start.

Call Time Warner back and quote MLB Network's web site. If that doesn't get you anywhere, ask to talk to a supervisor.

For what it's worth, my dad's MLB Network showed the same Time Warner error message yesterday morning. By evening, the channel was working properly.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I think they'll say that "Digital" package changes are part of "expanded" package. I also lost access to NHL TV and a bunch of ESPN channels (Still get the HD Though).

Pretty lame, guess they passed the buck to us, and didn't even warn us about the changes.

I have Time Warner. I don't have the Sports package and I'm still getting the MLB Network. Like someone else stated, you need to speak to the right person at Time Warner. If you have the digital access package, you should get it.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I think you are confusing Digital Access with Digital package. Digital access, according to their newly updated listings, does NOT include MLB. If you get the Digital package, it includes it. So you can either just add Sportspackage (for 6 bucks) or the Digital Package (10).

Man, am I happy I have Directv! Didn't have to worry about the NFL Network, didn't have to worry about the Big Ten Network, and now I don't have to worry about the MLB Network. And they all come in with a beautiful, High Definition picture at that! Plus my bill is always less than Time Warner!

I have heard plenty of horror stories about direct TV as well. Basically whichever path you have gone stick with it because anytime a technician has to come to your house or your bill has to be modified in some way you have a high chance of something bad happening with either of them. I had a friend who just hated direct TV, constantly locked up on him, bad connections on some channels, extra charges to get NFL network in HD, they wanted to charge him $200 to have a tech come in and hook up a 2nd TV etc. He switched to TWC and said it was nothing but a headache as well.

I have TWC right now and while they can be annoying sometimes I can't imagine changing. Stick with the status quo is my advice!

I just came home from my holiday vacation and tried to get channel 122 on TWC and it said the channel was unavailable but after a box reboot, it worked. TWC has to have the worst software of all time. I shouldn't have to reboot my box once a week (which I do now) just to get channels to come in. They used to have a nice interface, but they "upgraded" to some worthless piece of crap software about a year ago.

I'm really liking Mitch Williams so far...I've also always liked Harold Reynolds too, but sometimes his positiveness gets a little annoying sometimes, so it was nice to see Mitch call him on it when they were talking about Raul Ibanez/Pat Burrell tonight.

I'd suggest you take your box in and get a new one, I've never once had to reboot my TWC box to get anything to work. I did have one box that hated channels 100+ and I replaced it and it fixed it. Their hardware is terrible since I think they just keep quasi repairing every new device that comes in.

This is the first time I have tuned in. Some of the scheduling appears a bit mixed up but it's all good to be seeing the network come on the air. I'm not terribly impressed seeing game 3 of the 2008 World Series as my introduction to the network, but hey, at this point it is nice to see anything baseball.
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

After watching a good chunk of Larsen's perfect WS game, I don't ever want to hear again about how hard guys threw in the old days. The game is far more athletic now.

It's nice to have the channel though. I get the feeling things really won't kick in until the regular season, although they certainly could do plenty during Spring Training.

BTW, I believe that there's already a Ken Burns' Baseball topic in the Off Topic forum. People might want to search and bump that one rather than creating a new topic.

Robert

After watching a good chunk of Larsen's perfect WS game, I don't ever want to hear again about how hard guys threw in the old days.

It doesn't make any sense to judge the pitchers of an era based on the pitchers you saw in one game. Larsen retired with a losing record and an ERA+ of 99. He had a few decent years, but he never really even had one good, full season. His high for game starts in a season was 28.

Sal Maglie had a nice career, but you saw him as a 39 year old.

One other thing to keep in mind was the medium that we were seeing. We were basically seeing film from a camera that was put in front of a television. Certain things were distorted, for example the outfield didn't look nearly as big as it really was.

Ahh ha! See I'm not crazy. Where are you located Ennder? They might be rolling out the change slowly, I know I generally see HD channels 2 days before my buddy in Tosa sees them.

Well it was working again this afternoon and now it isn't working again tonight. I think they are just having issues with it. I'm in tosa as well.

Archived