Brewer Fanatic

MLB Network (merged: Costas to the MLB Network); see reply #188ish

BrewCrewForever
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watched the hot stove report, a lot of Yankee talk (that's for another time though) and my general impressions of Leiter, Reynolds, and Larkin were positive. The fourth guy (moderator type whose name I forgot) is not bad either. Seems like a good crew but then again I have always liked Reynolds.

BrewCrewIn2004[/b]]When I tried turning it on around 5:30pm at home I got a not currently available message. Channel 122 on Time Warner.

I've received this message occasionally with other channels on Time Warner. It usually states "Press A to retry". Most of the time, when I press A, the channel then comes in.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I've received this message occasionally with other channels on Time Warner. It usually states "Press A to retry". Most of the time, when I press A, the channel then comes in.
Thanks Patrick, I just got Time Warner as I moved and where I used to live had Charter so I'm not very use to it yet.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

The Larson perfect game rerun is pretty interesting. I like the fact that they are also airing the old commercials.

However, I'm noticing that most of the "classic" games that they are showing in the first week are from the 2008 playoffs. I really hope this is not a trend. With baseball being on TV for the last 50 years, there should be plenty of older games that they can rebroadcast. Doesn't have to be from the 50's. It would be nice to see some games from the 70's and 80's as well.

Also, I'm always hearing discussion on XM radio about how to get kids more interested in the game. It seems like this network would provide a great opportunity for this. I'm not seeing any scheduled programming so far on this network that is aimed at kids. Would love to see some sort of instructional show..perhaps hosted by Tony Gwynn or Cal Ripken.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I've only seen the the last inning of the perfect game at this point, but in the studio portion, Don Larson said that when he accomplished the feat, he didn't even know what a perfect game was.

MLB Tonight appears to be something to look forward to. It will start at 6 PM (I assume ET) and run live until the last out of the last game.

Patrick425, we're now getting a clinic on stealing home. Jackie Robinson stealing off of Whitey Ford is the example.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

So far, so good. It's a very limited schedule of programming to start, but it's still baseball, and it's not being delivered through an ESPN filter.

The hot stove show was solid, and the Larsen game and discussion is very good.

I don't think I need to change the channel. Ever.

I am really enjoying this channel. The studio show was great and the set looks excellent in HD. Always good to see Harold Reynolds again and he was decently critical of the Yankees by the way.

My favorite part thus far was easily the Johnny Logan Gilette commerical!

Try "rebooting" the box.

To do this turn the box off with out using the power button. unplug the cord or shut off the powerstrip, just don't push the power button.

Powering back up will take a few minutes.

It should say "boot" on the box screen and also possible "ocap".

It's also gonna show progress on a bar on the tv screen.

Happens to mine from time to time.

Try "rebooting" the box.

To do this turn the box off with out using the power button. unplug the cord or shut off the powerstrip, just don't push the power button.

Powering back up will take a few minutes.

It should say "boot" on the box screen and also possible "ocap".

It's also gonna show progress on a bar on the tv screen.

Happens to mine from time to time.

Yeah, did that over the phone with a rep at Time Warner. Still doesn't work they are sending a technician over Sunday. Don't understand why the heck this isn't working for me.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

My next question would be: Are there other tv's or cable boxes or modems?

If there are it could be a problem with a splitter. I would try to eliminate all the splitters and hook up to the straight line. If that fixes it run to the home depot and buy a new splitter and you're on your way.

The only box is in the basement The TV upstairs is just the coax cable into the back of the TV. There is a modem in the office. The weird thing is all the other digital channels are fine. It's just channel 122 that isn't working. Of course the only channel I really care about right now.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I didn't go through the whole thread so forgive me if I am being redundant; I love what I have seen so far. The Larsen perfect game was great as was the interview with the battery mates. I am a bit concerned with the upcoming Red Sox line-ups of programs as I am hoping it doesn't become a Yankees/Sox/Cubs network...already have that in ESPN. I like the talent (that Trenni looks vaguely familiar) and the HD looks great. Just wish I acutally had HDhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif But the biggest selling point for me is the fact I work the graveyard. On my days off I keep the same sleep schedule so I have had more than my fill of infomercials. Now I will actually be able to fill that time with baseball...I am very happy.

I'm excited about the network. Just a quick memo to mlb network though, I don't think people care to watch home run derbys... Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't any random game from the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's be more interesting that watching the 2008 home run derby?

The most interesting thing to me about the Larsen perfect game interview, was that Larsen threw out the ceremonial 1st pitch to Berra in 1999 for Yogi Berra day at Yankee stadium, walked off the mound and shook David Cone's hand and wished him good luck. Cone then proceeded to go out and pitch just the 17th perfect game in MLB history.

Now I'm getting a message on Time Warner that states "To receive this channel, call Customer Care at 866-236-5698". What's up with that. I guess I'll call and find out, but I was pretty certain that time warner was including this channel with their digital package.

Also it states the channel as MBL Network SDV. What's SDV?

Now I'm getting a message on Time Warner that states "To receive this channel, call Customer Care at 866-236-5698". What's up with that. I guess I'll call and find out, but I was pretty certain that time warner was including this channel with their digital package.

Also it states the channel as MBL Network SDV. What's SDV?

Thanks Patrick, I'm curious what they say. Find out what is up and if I still need a tech to come out to my place tomorrow.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Apparently there was a temporary problem. I called. They stated that they moved the channel to the digital access package (which they confirmed I have) and that what was causing the problem. So they had me reboot my box. That didn't work. While I was rebooting my box the technician stated she was getting several emails about people calling in regards to issues with the MLB Network. So, she stated it was a problem with the network and not my service.

I tried again about 20 minutes after talking to her. It's now working.

Archived