Brewer Fanatic

Spring Training 2009 Travel Thread

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When will Braun and Gallardo leave spring training to go to the WBC?

I was curious about this as well. We will be down there Feb 26th - March 4th. I know the US has it's first game on the 7th and Mexico has it's first game on the 8th. However, do players practice with the team before that? If so, where to they practice? Maybe this is a better question for the WBC thread.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Nevermind...found an answer. At least for the U.S team. It's in this article:

http://web.worldbaseballc...amp;vkey=wbc&team=atl

The U.S. team will gather in Clearwater, Fla., on March 1 and play the first of three exhibition games two days later.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I expect to be in Phoenix March 11th and if it works out will attend a game. Are tickets readily available for Spring Training games? I didn't want to buy in advance in case my plans change. Thanks.

See posts 55-60ish. Except for the rare occasion (possibly a Cubs or SF game), you shouldn't have problems getting tickets

The U.S. team will gather in Clearwater, Fla., on March 1 and play the first of three exhibition games two days later.

I would guess that those guys will leave before March 1st though. Im thinking since I will be there on the 27th I will see no Braun. Any word on if Gallardo got the insurance thing setelld to play for Mexico?

I would guess that those guys will leave before March 1st though. Im thinking since I will be there on the 27th I will see no Braun. Any word on if Gallardo got the insurance thing setelld to play for Mexico?

Actually, I don't read it that way. It states they will "gather on March 1st". Although, I could see Braun leaving to travel on the 28th.

According to Butch, resident security extraordinaire at Maryvlae, Braun is heading out within the next couple of days. Once he reported, which I believe was last Saturday, he had to be with the Brewers for 10 days per MLB rules. Butch says that Braun's going to stay his mandatory 10 and then head to Florida. After that, chances are good that he will not be back til the end of March. As for Gallardo, personally, I don't see Melvin letting him go to play for Mexico. There is too much at stake for the Brewers.

I am thinking you will have to get them inside the park during games. Up in the RF corner, where the players come out, players will sometimes sign after they come off the field when they are done playing. Otherwise, if you get there early, about 8 AM, you can hit some players up. Now that games have started, as of tomorrow it is a lot tougher to get signatures. The reason is twofold, one, practices are less frequent and a key place to get them, and two, TONS of people are going to be on the premesis now for games, so players sign less. It should be interesting to see how it works out this year. There have been some autograph sellers that have been a pain in the butt and some of the Brewers (Fielder and Braun) have taken exception to some of these idiots that ruin it for everyone else. On a positive note, it will be highs of 80s down here through the beginning of next week according to the news!

I always had luck getting autographs at visiting parks when players come out of the locker room through the "tunnel" onto the field. Especially if you can identify them before they have their back to you (and you have to read the name on their jersey).

I was not intending on going to a ST game until Monday, but I heard Gallardo was going to be the starter, so I checked around for tickets.

Ended up with FIRST ROW, brewer side, one section farther than the dugout. (word) Seen the listing on stubhub earlier today, came home, and they were still there. There's still 2 available, and the price dropped from $10 each to $9 each. (which ultimately means you'll pay 38 bucks, but that's the same as face value at the park, and on the mlb site, there were no first row).

Just thought I'd let someone know, there's 2 there at a good price for nice seats..

If anyone is interested in some good college baseball and you're down this weekend, ASU is hosting the DeMarini Invitational at ASU. Oregon State, Missouri, and Northern Illinois are in town. There are quite a bit of players involved in the tournament with ties to WI, whether from there or playing in the Northwoods League. Watching ASU is a pretty good use of time in the evening.

Myself, my fiance, and two of our friends are going to be heading down to Spring Training, hopefully arriving late on the 15th. We're driving from Platteville and leaving as soon as we can on the 14th. I think we're staying through the 20th. I've never been to Arizona and I'm really excited. We're planning on going to the Brewers-Cubs game on the 16th and seeing the Grand Canyon.

I was wondering if anyone knew the best/cheaper area to stay? I read Tempe before. Any other suggestions? Anyone know of some really good places to eat or visit besides games?

Archived