Brewer Fanatic

When COCO comes onto the home field......

aracko

Quote:
No not at all but then we would have to wait 10 minutes to reboot them up.

Correction it would most likely take up to 30 minutes to get them going again. This happened to me once when somebody hit the lights at our field in the 7th inning, it took 15 minutes before we could flip them back on and 15 minutes to where it was safe to play...just to get 3 outs!

They do this in San Diego, in save situations of course. After the bottom of the 8th has ended you will see Hoffman out there in the bullpen throwing one last pitch. Soon, all of the scoreboards will turn off, the lights will go out, and you will hear the bells (the intro to ACDC's "Hells Bells").

Awesome is the only word to describe it. Even if it is your team he's about to go up against, you can't help but appreciate the moment.

I don't think anyone should attempt to copy that, but if he is going to be a fixture here (big "if") then maybe we should think of something.

what lights go out in Petco? I've never seen or heard about that. I can understand turning off the scoreboards, etc. but the lights?!?! I didn't realize you could do that ala the way do at NBA arenas (i.e. turn the lights out for player intros and they come back on relatively quick).

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

What if they kept the lights off and used a glow in the dark ball. That'd be pretty unique.

Seriously, though, I've been really underimpressed with his entrances this year. I think you're on to something when you say they need to spice it up. The KOKO thing just doesn't do it for me. You need to have some style for one of the best in the game. I think you get that when you've been somewhere for a while and he most very likely won't be here next year.

I could care less about how Coco comes out of the bullpen. Why does every one have to have a fancy entrance with music??

Tell you what bring back the bullpen cart that can bring him around from the pen in foul terririty and I will be happy. It was always great to see a pitcher come in with his jacket on his lap riding in the bullpen cart.

Quote:
Soon, all of the scoreboards will turn off, the lights will go out, and you will hear the bells (the intro to ACDC's "Hells Bells&quothttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I didn't see the lights going out, but the score board lights go out. I hate it how the Brewers do it now, "let's guess tonights attendance" when Coco is walking to the mound and you can't hear his warm up music. When "Hell's Bells" comes on in San Diego the place goes nuts and everyone is standing. I would rather have Coco come into some elaborate entrance instead of a bullpen golf cart in the shape of a Brewers hat, I don't think many people are going to get fired up when they see this come in around the warning track.

yep, nothing gets the blood pumping and focuses your energy as a pitcher like . . . . "Theme to Final Jeopardy".

Does San Diego do a guess the attendence? If they do, they must do it in an earlier inning. In Milwaukee, guess the attendence has been a fixture for years, and almost always in the top of the ninth (actually, they used to show the 5 choices the previous half inning so you could ponder it for a half-inning, I suppose. Either that or, back in the day, it gave you an opportunity to count the people in the stands! I kid, I kid!)

Maybe the Brewers could move it back a half inning or something. Yeah, I realize that it would then interfere with their contractual obligation to do the "Chicken Dance" but so what.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I hate it how the Brewers do it now, "let's guess tonights attendance" when Coco is walking to the mound and you can't hear his warm up music.

This has changed (or, it was different on Sunday at least). The guess the attendance was earlier in the game (can't tell you exactly which inning). CoCo came out to his own music and got a huge ovation.

That Hoffman intro is downright intimidating

Funny thing, when he was in the Red Carpet Parade for the All-Star Game a couple weeks back, his little boys were with him in the truck and were wearing AC/DC shirts

Anyway, Guess the Attendance is a mainstay everywhere

Quote:
Anyway, Guess the Attendance is a mainstay everywhere

Yeah I know and they do not need to get rid of it just put it in a different inning. On Friday's game they moved it to the top of the 8th inning, I think??

You Tube has some Trevor Hoffman entrances on there. The place goes nuts, everyone is standing.

Quote:
I believe until a year or two ago, 'guess the attendance' was in the 8th inning.

Yeah it was. I can't understand why they moved it so late. It used to be a two inning affair. They'd give you the choices and then a half inning to count everyone in the park.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Yeah it was. I can't understand why they moved it so late. It used to be a two inning affair. They'd give you the choices and then a half inning to count everyone in the park.

Perhaps the Wisconsin Lottery asked for (what they thought was) a more prime-time viewing spot when they began sponsoring 'guess today's attendance.' I'm not saying I like it, but it's a possibility.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived