Brewer Fanatic

Post Season discussion (beyond the Brewers)

Patrick425
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand using Balfour in one way only: the fact that Balfour had a day off to rest and Maddon didn't want to not have him available. So he "started" him tonight, fully rested.

Right decision? Probably not. But I can understand his reasoning, even if it was illogical.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

So, I'm marking my calender for the 2033 season for the Tampa Bay Rays 25th Anniversary AL Champs Reunion and Throwback Fridays.

As for Phillie fans, the moment they won the title tonight, there were probably at least 200 fans in the ballpark that were happy that they won but strongly disappointed that it wasn't in a sweep. And another 500 fans that were booing next year's squad as they exited the stadium gates.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Wow! Iwamura made a hell of a play there though. Just wow.

Yes -- sorry I missed this comment, BCin'04. That play made me gasp. I can't believe he got to that ball. I still remember thinking when the Rays signed Iwamura, 'Who the heck is that guy?' I definitely thought it was sort of a token 'Hey, we signed a Japanese player too!' pickup (same offseason the Red Sox signed Matsuzaka). Now I wish the Brewers would have picked him up http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

When their CEO/owner/president congratulated the Rays, you could hear the booing. Do those fans realize how dumb that makes them look?

No kidding. I think the attitude is that they just don't care. How attractive! *rolls eyes*

Idiotic move by Maddon to leave Howell in.

Idiotic, indefensible... po-tay-toe, po-tah-toe

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words from those of you who offered them, both here and in the Jenkins thread.

This remains the classiest fan community I have stopped by in my sojourn through the postseason fan bases, so I want to give you props for that.

The fact that that is true despite some comments just a few posts above says something about the sad state we all live in.

I expected the booing of Selig regardless of what city it was. In many peoples eyes he can do no good, no matter what he does. The booing of TB was not very tactful to say the least.

So, I'm marking my calender for the 2033 season for the Tampa Bay Rays 25th Anniversary AL Champs Reunion and Throwback Fridays.

Not sure if that was a sarcastic comment, in jest to what the Brewers do. However, with the make up and age of the TB team, I think they will have sucess over the next 3 or 4 years. Obviously, their biggest hurdle is the division they are in. If TB does not make it to the playoffs again for 25 years, I'm not sure there will be a TB team in existance to honor the 2008 team in 2033. I don't think there will be a TB team in 2018 if they don't continue to build on their success and start drawing some more fans.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words from those of you who offered them, both here and in the Jenkins thread.
That's right, we have a Phillies fan here. Good for you! Every fan base has its black sheep (Milwaukee's included), but every World Series win is 'well deserved' for someone.

Bask in the glow today, Unstable. Someday we'll hope to have our turn.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The fact that that is true despite some comments just a few posts above says something about the sad state we all live in.

I'm really happy for you & your team. But your fans were boorish last night, and you know it. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived