Brewer Fanatic

Post Season discussion (beyond the Brewers)

Patrick425
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't be happier for the players and staff of the Rays, but their fans, and Florida fans in general tick me off to no end.

Average 20,000 during the season but now all these long suffering Rays fans that come out of the woodwork now can rejoice. Makes me sick.

Same with the Marlins, even when they were good, they couldn't sell the place out until the WS. Contract em both.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm so sick of the Sox and Boston sports in general. Hallalujah!
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I just don't see how the veteran team with all the momentum managed to lose this one, especially with such an inexperienced pitcher finishing off the game.
Don't forget about having a manager with 1) experience at the major league level and 2) success at the major league level.

I think this Joe Sheehan quote sums up what will happen in the world series nicely.

You can expect the results of Game One of the World Series to be framed in two ways: if the Phillies win, the Rays will have been worn out by their emotional seven-game ALCS victory; if they lose, it will be because the seven-day layoff between games made them rusty

http://sportsmediawatch.b...out-against-baseball.html

So, for as much as we've been ripping the Rays "loyal" fan base, Game Seven did outdraw the Seahawks-Bucs game in the same timeslot. Keep in mind, the NFL game was on NBC, and the baseball game was on TBS cable.

That Seahawks-Bucs game is now the lowest rated primetime game in NFL history. I guess Tampa cares a bit more than we think.

I think this Joe Sheehan quote sums up what will happen in the world series nicely.

You can expect the results of Game One of the World Series to be framed in two ways: if the Phillies win, the Rays will have been worn out by their emotional seven-game ALCS victory; if they lose, it will be because the seven-day layoff between games made them rusty

That's spot on. Either possible outcome will produce an equally insipid "emotions and intangibles" narrative. Ever thus from the mainstream baseball media.

Price is really, really good. It is almost frightening how similar he is to CC in just about every way.

That's funny you posted that... after watching Price deliver a fastball last night, I commented aloud to me, myself & I (the three buddies I was watching the game with), 'Man, his build & delivery look exactly like CC's'. Except that Price is like skinny Subway Jared to CC's 3-pizzas-per-day Jared.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

At least I'm not hearing a lot of hand wringing from Boston and Boston media. Most people seem to be saying this was just the Rays' year, and that Tampa outplayed Boston in the series. Really, the Red Sox don't have a lot to be disappointed or ashamed of. They had a great run, but had some key injuries.

I'm feeling Tampa in 7 games, but that is just a stab in the dark. I'm not looking forward to the complaining about "low ratings" though.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

BJ Upton is awesome. What a throw.
I hope Corey Hart was taking notes. You don't have to catch the ball flat-footed, high above your head, with your arm dangling down next to your thigh when a runner is tagging. It's okay to charge the ball, get your hand up by your glove, and put some actual momentum behind the throw.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Archived